OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Take a load in, bring a load back! crazy... crazy... crazy

100_2044.jpg 100_2045.jpg 100_2046.jpg

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
your shop is WAAAAAY too clean...LOL

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I suspect there is a collector working at our recycle place. I look every time I go through there and there is never a can. How could that be? Every time I poke my head in the bins they catch me and tell me it's not for the public. Scrap yards have been a problem for me. I want it all

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Years ago I volunteered to work at a recycling day deal that was held on a large parking lot. People were bringing in everything they couldn't throw in the trash. I worked with some guys from a oil recycling company. Every oil can brought in was drained, and the oil was pumped into a tanker, so I asked if I could have the old cans and they said to help myself. I must have come home with over 100 cans.
I saw cans of Mobil paint but couldn't take them because they still had paint in them.
This is a great place to get oil and service station related cans, and you can have fun volunteering for a good cause.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sat Apr 10 2010 08:54 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The only reason I know of to go to the dump is to snoop around and bring home treasures. I like that safety can. I have a big safety can and Michelle has a cute little safety can.
Mike

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
my 2 cents-- your lucky if your able to go through and pickup anything, ours have people telling you where to dump and standing right by you when you unload and you can't haul anything other than compost back out sure miss the days when you could gander around and find treasures Laroy

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
What is this dump that you speak of? I haven't been since I was a kid,(now 43). Do they still out there? We have big trash day and once a month you put items on the curb and the city takes them away.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ours is a waste transfer station. You dump it all off in certain areas then they load it in trucks and take it and burn it or recycle it. There is small towns where they have a couple of large dumpsters with no one there. Ive heard of some goood stuf comming out of them.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Recycle Recycle Recycle, but when you try, your told NO.
Because someone did get hurt & sued the landfill company for letting them get hurt.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
We have a large landfill a few miles from the house. They have large dozers running everything over and pushing it back after every load is dumped. Near impossible to ever find anything there. But I did find these lights several years ago and made off with them. Have one on each end of the station.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
We live out in western NC and our local landfill operators are awesome...they are cool with you taking things out of a dumpster, oil cans, etc...I've always just asked first and they say, "If you can get some use out of it take it on wiith you". Good folks there...I have more than paid for my county landfill pass with goodies found there.

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved