Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I STILL HAVE ALOT OF TOUCH UP! ALL KINDS OF LESSONS LEARNED WITH THIS PUMP! I WILL NEVER ,I MEAN NEVER! STRIP ALL PANELS BY HAND!I HAVE GLOBE,DECALS,ALL PANELS ARE PRIMED & READY FOR PAINT TOMORROW!WILL POST SOME MORE WHEN COMPLETE !

1ER.jpg 2ER.jpg 7ER.jpg 4ER.jpg

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
BOUGHT A USED BASE FROM RYAN!

5ER.jpg 6ER.jpg

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looks great Chris! Another stickler for details...I like!
Where did you get the V.R. can decal?? I might have to do that on my tall 39 ( Which has begun! )

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
JOE SAID THAT D.B COULD PRINT ONE FOR THE V.R CAN!AND THIS IS HOW IT TURNED OUT! YOU KNOW ,,I CUT ALOT OF CORNERS AFTER THE CUST SAID SHE HAD NO INTEREST IN ME TEARING DOWN THE V.R,AND WAS ALL RUSH,RUSH ABOUT THE WHOLE DEAL!IT IS WHAT IT IS! I THINK THE DECAL WAS LIKE 9 BUCKS OR SO! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR TOKE COME ALONG!

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D.B. Hook me up! I need one of those decals.

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Chris,
Beware of those doors when you get ready to mount them!.... I pre-hung all the metal before paint and adjusted my hinges so the doors wouldn't be a problem after paint, However after paint once the final assemble took place one of the doors would not slide down when the latch was released and did everything it could to tear up the paint on the top of the door! I found that the hinges would intermittently bind up and not slide back down once the latch was released. do yourself a favor and use lots of painters tape around the door edges and contact area's when you install your doors until you know for sure that everything is functioning as it should. The whole close and lift system on these Tok. doors is a nightmare!.... eek

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
YEA JOE I KNOW THERE GONNA BE HELL! I PRE-FIT EVERYTHING ,BUT I ALREADY SEE IT COMING! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP! I HAVE PLENTY OF PAINTERS TAPE, WE SPRAYED LAST NIGHT, 3 COATS OF FLAME RED & BUBBLE GUM GLOSS! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN EAT IT! IT WAS FUN ,SURE DID MAKE THE WIFE MAD SPRAYING IN THE GARAGE,BUT WHATS NEW!,I'LL SHOOT YOU SOME PICS! IM SO GLAD TO BE DONE WITH THIS WHOLE THING!I HAD KNOW IDEA THE TIME THAT WAS GONNA BE SPENT ON THIS PUMP,NOW I SEE WHAT EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT WHEN THEY SAY .50 AN HOUR,IS WHAT IT EQUALS OUT TO!LOL ITS BEEN FUN THOUGH,ANYWAYS THANK AGAIN FOR THE HEADS UP!

Last edited by diesel; Thu Apr 01 2010 11:29 AM.

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That sounds like it's gonna look NICE!....I painted a '72 K5 Blazer in a 20x20 garage one time and turned the floor, walls, windows, and everything else in it red. Guess I didn't use enough plastic! crazy Your right about the time, But i look at it this way...Education is always expensive! Myself? Once I've done something one time I never forget it and can always knock it out faster the next. I'll be doing more of these as it's already become an addiction! Looking forward to the pics.
Later,
Joe
Originally Posted By: diesel
YEA JOE I KNOW THERE GONNA BE HELL! I PRE-FIT EVERYTHING ,BUT I ALREADY SEE IT COMING! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP! I HAVE PLENTY OF PAINTERS TAPE, WE SPRAYED LAST NIGHT, 3 COATS OF FLAME RED & BUBBLE GUM GLOSS! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN EAT IT! IT WAS FUN ,SURE DID MAKE THE WIFE MAD SPRAYING IN THE GARAGE,BUT WHATS NEW!,I'LL SHOOT YOU SOME PICS! IM SO GLAD TO BE DONE WITH THIS WHOLE THING!I HAD KNOW IDEA THE TIME THAT WAS GONNA BE SPENT ON THIS PUMP,NOW I SEE WHAT EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT WHEN THEY SAY .50 AN HOUR,IS WHAT IT EQUALS OUT TO!LOL ITS BEEN FUN THOUGH,ANYWAYS THANK AGAIN FOR THE HEADS UP!

blazer.jpg
This thing was a total broke down rust bucket when I started!

Last edited by gasalleykid; Thu Apr 01 2010 11:43 AM.

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Chris,

50 cents an hour? You gotta speed up!!I gave it up at $5.00an hour.LOL.

Check to see if you have tightened the trim piece that the door has to slide under too much.Loosen it up a little and see if the problem dissapears.I've never used any tape on any of mine and to this day the paint isn't damaged.Try it and see;always worked for me.Good luck

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
pics.... well ,still not done ,but i want to thank everyone who took there time to respond,and help with getting glass in! I'll post some more tomorrow when complete w/ globe and decals!

1toek.jpg 2toek.jpg
Last edited by diesel; Fri Apr 02 2010 03:12 PM.

CHRIS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
50 cents an hour..... has been the same for 20+ years...LOL

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
finally done! pump finished pictures! this is what she wanted,lol, would not have been my choice of color combo! but it was fun!thanks for all the input from the community helping me out,i knew nothing going into this resto project,still dont!lol this was my first pump project,and could not have done it with out the help of this board , thanks again!

1gil.jpg 2gil.jpg 3gil.jpg 4gil.jpg

CHRIS
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
more pump pics!

5gil.jpg 6gil.jpg

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Chris rushed or not that pump looks GREAT! Bravo, Great job my friend!....So what's next? Do you have another pump lined up or something else?
B.T.W.....How come it looks like your garage floor and everything else is RED? wink

Looks great!
Take care,

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gasalleykid
Chris rushed or not that pump looks GREAT! Bravo, Great job my friend!....So what's next? Do you have another pump lined up or something else?
B.T.W.....How come it looks like your garage floor and everything else is RED? wink

Looks great!
Take care,
thanks joe! yea i have a Hayes round body 10 gallon,that i have not picked up yet !that will be next!

CHRIS
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved