Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I did to the seller, but he was too busy counting his money too look and let the bidders know, lol.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm surprised it took four replies to notice the arrows noting what is wrong!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This guy is the same one that has been selling the Musgo pump signs. I questioned him about one of those and told him it was something that Gas Pump Heaven and others were selling every day. He informed me that it was none of my business.

I sent a second email and told him that it probably wasn't, but I just hated to see anyone be deceived the way he was doing it. No reply that time...Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have to say it.. This is just as much the buyers fault. The buyer needs to be aware of what he/she is buying. Even if the seller is trying to fool you, and blatently lying, you (the buyer) NEED to do your homework. You can't take anything for granted nowadays.

Kevin

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm not defending this guy, he now knows it's a repop and has a responsibility to his customers. But.....he says in his listing "you decide" and in the rectangular block above his his description under original he places question marks.

I guess my point is that you have 8+ bidders going crazy over a $20.00 sign that has obvious question marks about it. Sometimes you've got to place some responsibility on the buyer.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I didn't check to see what the feedback scores were until just now. I wrongly figured that the bidders were all new to ebay. Boy, was I wrong. LOL. I agree with the sentiments regarding both the seller and the bidders/buyer.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Oh of course the seller is in the wrong. I agree totally. Everything he said in his descreption sounds a bit shady. I just feel buyers should educate themselves before spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on items. Im lucky, ive grown up in this hobby. Im only 21 and I feel I have a pretty darn good grasp on what is real and what is fake. Sometimes i just wonder how someone can buy an item that is that blatently repo. We all hate seeing someone getting screwed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved