Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So, lets just say, that you have a cardboard Penzoil can for sale. It SHOULD have a price. So you price it at $1.00, plus shipping. Simple. But somebody contacts you, and says "Hey. I'll "TRADE" you, a complete, Wayne 60 widebody. Is that fair?" I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!!!!

What I'm saying is, a price should be posted. If the buyer, is willing to "trade" you something, thats something that the two of you could/should negotiate. If its an "Auction" it should be listed as such, WITH an ending time & date.

I'll be good now...

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I like it when all items are priced, if they are for sale. I think you should price everything, if it is for sale. If you are willing to trade, state that in your listing. Item is $XXX or willing to trade for "described item." If you are just here to trade and trade only, no price is needed. Curiosity in what they are looking for will force interaction if there is something posted that you want bad enough. Leave it as it is. If someone wants to trade a 60 for a paper can, I hope that I have the paper can. If both parties are happy, that's thier business.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
For Sale in for sale forum with price. For trade or auction only items in seperate forum. Putting too much in one forum makes for too many possibilities to accommodate. Just my thoughts on the matter!

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I SHOULD THINK IT WOULD BE COMMON PRACTICE HERE TO POST PRICES WITH ITEMS.
NOT ACCEPTABLE IF I HAVE TO CALL AND ASK, BECAUSE I WON'T! I'D RATHER JUST CLICK AWAY FROM AN AD W/O PRICES AND MOVE ON.

WOULDN'T YOU BE BAFFLED AND MAD IF YOU PASSED A VEHICLE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, MADE AN EFFORT TO GO BACK AND LOOK AT IT AND THERE WAS JUST A PHONE # AND NO PRICE? SAY IT WITH ME..."YES!" LOL!

IF AN ITEM HAS NO PRICE, I ASSUME IT'S NOT FOR SALE OR IT'S SIMPLY "FREE!"

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
cool I thought I'd give my 2 cents since I sell signs/antiques for a living! cool
I have set up at midwest shows for 8 years now and have tried having my items BOTH priced and UNpriced!
Through trial and error I have concluded EVERYTHING must be priced!
No matter how shocking the figure, IT MUST BE PRICED!
I have had items unpriced to find that ALOT of people just won't ask???
I have also seen vendors that don't price their items. End of the day they can't figure out why their sales are down???

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If any area needs cleaned up in this section...IMO...is a consistant method of contacting the seller of intent to purchase the item.

Sometimes it says email me..sometimes pm me...sometimes don't pm me..sometimes only post here.

I've seen more problems over someone thinking they were in on an item only to find out a deal had been worked out via back door channels.

IMO..if it's listed here then the first one to post that they want the item should get it. But that's just me.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WHEN I AM SEARCHING FOR A ITEM , I AM ALSO SEARCHING FOR A PRICE! "NOT ALWAYS" BUT IN SOME CASES A PRICE CAN TELL YOU A WHOLE LOT ABOUT THE ITEM,THIS IS USUALLY TRUE WHEN I KNOW THE SELLER,AND KNOW THE QUALITY OF HIS STUFF! OR.... WEATHER I'M SHOPPING AGAINST THE ITEM I'M LOOKING AT ,A PRICE IS VERY IMPORTANT,ITS A GUIDE, FOR ME ANYWAYS,AND ITS ALSO WHAT THE SELLER IS ASKING IS ASKING FOR THERE ITEM! AND A PRICED ITEM,DEFINITELY CUTS OUT SOME OF THE B.S THAT COMES WITH SELLING A ITEM! "TIRE KICKERS"

WHERE DOSE THIS FALL, CATEGORY WISE??? MAKE OFFER?

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...seems to me that everybody should know the price of an item for sale, tire-kickers or not...I know I find it a little irritating when I see stuff offered on this and other sites with 'email for price'...how about allowing everyone get an idea what stuff is bringing, and not just the 'money is no object' crowd?...might level the playing field (see American Pickers)...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If I am buying it, I want to know the price up front with out having to ask. At a show, unless I really want it, if it does not have a price, I walk on by. If I am selling something and am not up on what it should sell for, I would like to take offers on it in the hope of getting top doller. If it is a high doller item, the buyer and seller may want to keep what was paid for it private.

For this site, while I would like to know the price without having to ask, I do not think there should be a rule requiring it.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If an item is not priced, I assume they are asking to much.
However you are always left wondering if you passed up a good deal. If it's for sale, please put a price on it.

Looking for anything JENNEY OIL OR GAS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with some that its nice to know the price but is it necessary to force people on how to sell their stuff ????

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No one is forced to put an item up for sale here.

We all agree to different policies before we can become members and post here. Why would requiring a price on an item to be sold be any different?

Not trying to cause a problem just asking a, in my opinion, simple question.

It has been pointed out, that we have had problems concerning items posted For Sale. A member posts a reply here stating they are interested in the item. When they don't hear back, they ask the question "What happened, I posted that I was interested" and they find out that the item was sold to someone else. A person who owns an item For Sale can sell it to whomever they want, just be "upfront" about it. If a "back-room" deal happens, let the person who spoke up first know. If you're smart you will do it in private and then hold your breath that the person who gets "hosed" doesn't let the rest of the membership know how you do business.

Also if you have an item for sale, sale the damn thing here. Unless you get no offers. We had a new person here, a couple of years ago who put items up for sale, got people throwing out figures and then pulled the items and put them on Ebay with starting bids gotten from those offerings.....

Sorry, fell off my soapbox, now I need to soak my .....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
You go Bob!!

........Dave
I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
IF YOUR A SERIOUS COLLECTOR YOU WILL CALL FOR CONDITION AND PRICE.DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING.A CALL IS ALWAYS BETTER FOR BOTH PARTYS.DON'T MESS WITH A GOOD THING.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
If it's not priced, I don't call,PM or Email becauce if I do they know who I am and how to get in touch with me.Aint gonna do it.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved