Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Bought a real old lubester, one side still has the Hancock label and other side has paint over label. I was going to try paint and varnish remover to get to the old sticker but afraid it may destroy paper label, is there anything better at getting to it without destroying label. Also what is good for removing alot of grease?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IF your lucky, it's enamel over a Lacquer decal. Paint stripper on a rag & be careful. Keep rubbing & only work a small area @ a time.

Use the Test area & KEEP TRYING TO POST PICTURES. There is a Excellent Tutorial on using Image Shack as a FREE Hosting. Jim has also made it easy to do a direct upload.
Using a Different/New computer is more Frustrating than learning how to post pictures. Nobody that ever rides a bike gave up after falling over/off many times. I have fallen off many ladders & have been hurt a few of those, but I still climb them.
NEVER GIVE UP.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
if you have some pictures, you can email them to me at gvr41302@sbcglobal.net I would like to see what decals you have on it.
Thanks
Donnie

Looking for anything Hancock, Signal, Veedol/Flying A and Richfield
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Tried with a paint and varnish remover, found there was nothing really left of that label unfortunatly. Fortunatly the front one is all there

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved