Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#178212 Fri Mar 05 2010 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Howdy, Has anybody restored a 565? I see a few folks make 575 trim 585 trim etc etc. Which ones will work. has anybody had any luck? Thanks

Kris Strong
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
M
im fixing up one right know. the trim is a hard one to find it seams.I have had no luck.I just got signed up on this sight yesterday to ask the same question. If you replace it all I think you can make the repro trim work if you are not to picky.So after you paint it how do you plan on sliding the doors on with out scuffing the paint?The pump is a customer of mine so i have to haul it.the doors cant be on during the haul or the paint will get trashed were the doors and sides over lap.

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
If I remember right, the 575 trim pieces are shorter than the 565s. What you need is 557 trim - the doors are deeper - they may have made shallow doors for the 565s. Ron Scobie has the right face plates for both versions of the 565 (557). Tom Buckles usually has parts for these Bowsers.

Koolmotor

George
George.Lee@midwayschools.com
701-520-9580
The 565 trim is completely different. The 575 and 585 trim is shorter and will not look right on the 565/557 pumps. You will probably have to clean up your originals or find an originals. I dont know of anybody reproducing the trim.

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

M
M
that is what Im doing with it now.They are smashed up from someone dragging the pump loading it is my guess.Ryan I called you on this last week on the phone.Yes the other trim is shorter but if that is all you have it my be your only option. I have a box of bowser stuff from oslosteve with a bunch of different trim but not the right stuff. Ill keep pounding and buffing it out. I got half of it done. the pump just dont seem to be worth all the time. If any one has some extra trim parts let me know Im down to the worst ones know. HEY Koolmotor who is tom? I think steve said his name one time call me. I got to get that sign from you yet I got a spot waiting in the shop for it. thanks

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks guys I think filling and replating existing may be the only way. I though maybe the other Bowser trim wouldn't fit only because it looks very close in the book. That usually means "way off":)

Kris Strong
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Another idea, but maybe now to late for you...

Long ago I spoke to a vendor at Iowa Gas who makes/vends the Bowser trim for the 575 & 585. I had the same issues with my 557. Whoever that was said if I had the old trim to use as a pattern they would easily duplicate it because the rib profile was the same, they needed the length and bend radius...

Good luck,
Kim

Wanted
*SuperAmerica SA, Holiday or Erickson
*Loxtercamp, Greenwald Service, Greenwald Standard Oil.
*Grey Crown Globe, Standard Oil Signs, Posters

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved