Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
HAVE A CHANCE TO PICK THIS UP FOR PRACTICALLY NOTHING,WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IT WENT TO?

1BBB.jpg

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just like it says on the base, it is from a Bowser 241 Red Sentry, which is a cast iron curb pump from 1910.
I do not have a picture available, but I'm sure someone else has. Btw, its on page 105 in the "old book".
br
Claes

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
It is exactly what it says it is a Bowser "Red Sentry" Cut 241, but the only thing shown is the bottom. The cabinet above, possibly the light tower and the doors that cover the oblong hole near the bottom are all missing. This is only the shell of the bottom.

Again, this pump is shown on page 91 of my Gas Pump Identification book.
You could have also gone to my website: www.petrocollect.com
clicked on Literature, then on Bowser, then on 241 and seen a picture of the pump on this page: http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/bowser%20241.htm

The book is available right here on this site (see Bookstore, above) or you can get an autographed copy from me on my website: www.petrocollect.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
i found it this weekend the guy wants $10.00 for it ,it looks like it would be hard to piece the rest of that bad boy together! oh jack ,my wife called and said some gas book showed up in the mail! i cant wait to go through it thanks again!

CHRIS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would grab it for $10. If you do not need it, someone else does.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
someone needes one somewhere !!!
don't pass it up

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Wes Maxwell
I would grab it for $10. If you do not need it, someone else does.
YEA THIS GUYS 15 MINS FROM ME ,I JUST CALLED HIM AND TOLD HIM THAT I WANT IT!THIS IS ONE OF THE FELLOWS I MET THIS WEEKEND AT TRADE DAYS! ALL THE PICS OF THOSE LUBESTERS THIS GUY HAS ARE $50.00 BUCKS ,HE TOLD ME HE BOUGHT A LOT OF 20 LUBESTERS AT A AUCTION, SOLD 4 IMMEDIATELY AND HAS BEEN SITTING ON THE REST???? ANYWAYS I GONNA PICK ONE UP NEXT WEEK! MY TRUCK WAS LOADED TO THE GILLS WHEN I LEFT THE SHOW! I HAD NO ROOM FOR THE BOWSER BASE OR A HUGE LUBESTER! I RAN INTO PURE GOLD THIS WEEKEND,IT WAS ALOT OF FUN!BUT THAT BASE I THINK WILL STILL MAKE DECENT PIECE ,IT LOOKS GOOD ANYWAY,HEAVY AS CAN BE!

CHRIS
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
HERE ARE SOME PICS OF SOME OF HIS LUBESTERS! $50 BUCKS A POP! SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! I GUESS I GOT TO BREAK DOWN AND GET ANOTHER BOOK FROM JACK wink ,ONE ON LUBERSTERS ! IT JUST SOUNDS CHEAP TO ME,AT 50 BUCKS ANYWAYS,BUT AGAIN I DONT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THESE!THE GUY SAID HE HAS NOT SOLD ONE IN 6 MONTHS??

1LUBE.jpg

CHRIS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would not give 50.00 each for those lubesters unless they have cast lids. Looks like they are big ones also.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Chris,
When I wrote the first edition of the Gas Pump ID book I didn't have as many pics of gas pumps as I would have liked, so I added oil dispensers and a few other items to the book, ending up with about 1500 images.
By the time I started writing the revised edition I had almost 800 new pumps to show. Since the books have the same number of pages (352) I started condencing. Took large pics out of the front of the book, used smaller fonts, and mostly pulled all the really non-gas pump related items. I pulled out 300 items, added back in 800 items (then the editiors of the book pulled 100, for reasons of their own) so it netted out to 1900 images in the new book.
If you are looking for pics of Oil Dispensers, get a hold of my first book (it is out of print, so you will have to find a used one, they sometimes show up on Ebay). While I don't have a pic of every oil dispenser shown on my website (and I don't think I ever will, takes too much time) there is probably several hundred shown. The website has over 5000 images.

BYW, I would grab the 241 base. It would make a great stand for a buffer or a grinder.

Thanks for buying the books.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Mon Feb 22 2010 12:49 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good buy on the Bowser base. Add a spacer to top & it will make a Uniqe grinder/buffer/drill press stand.

Even if you have lots of room, I wouldn't buy ANY oil dispenser larger than the Red one. Larger ones are a hard sell down the road, even seller is finding this out.
By cutting the side out ya can make a display area.
jm2c

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Definitely get the base. You never know when someone may need it on here.....or you may one day run across the rest of the parts to complete it.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
If you get the base & want to make a few bucks on it let me know wink smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
im gonna try to get back at there this weekend, to pick it up! ill stay in touch with you on it!

CHRIS

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved