Next Thread
Print Thread
#176303 Sun Feb 21 2010 06:43 PM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Does anyone have any pictures or know of any pumps like this? It has a 12.5 x 30" glass cylinder and many pipes in the glass housing area. The pump says it is from Ker- something canada.
Thanks

Craig
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Have you Googled Philip Gies, a lot comes up.

Scott Anderson also wrote an article for PCM about Fry and he mentions Philip Gies.

Naturally a picture would solve this immediately, but did you compare the pump to pictures in the Guarantee Liquid Measure and Correct Measure sections of my book? There was a connection between the companies over the years, most of both companies pumps were designed by the same person.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Is that the smae as the vulvcanizer pumps? They have a large cast iron door and the handle hooks up behind it?

ward

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I will post a picture on Monday of what I have. Yes it does have a big castiron door. I have only one side of the sheetmetal, but was able to make another set. Would like to see what the pump handle hole looks like, for I have the handle and no pumping unit inside of this. It is very tall with the cylinder, and it measures 110 inches tall without the globe. Can't tell what the nozzle holder would look like, but I do have something that would hook onto this just don't know how it would go.
Thanks

Craig
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I also looked at the pictures in the book, and they do not look like mine. In fact I did google that name and all the pictures do no look like this.

Craig
T
TC Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Phillip Gies was out of Kitchener ,Ontario and they did make 5 gallon pumps. They are quite rare. I do have a picture of one and I'll have to look it up. Ted

TC #176390 Mon Feb 22 2010 07:00 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hummm, this topic has my interest ! Someone please put some good pictures up ! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Here are a couple of pictures of that pump. Big top and at least larger than 10 gals american.

Image110.jpg Image111.jpg

Craig

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved