Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17641 Fri Jan 14 2005 12:07 PM
D
dbell Offline OP
OP Offline
D
My Grandpa was recently digging around in his barn and found three wooden signs that say Sinclair Refining Co. on them. He got them from a gas station that was closing down in the 40's or 50's. They are each about 7.5 Ft in length by about 7 inches tall with beveled edges and gold lettering. My grandpa thinks they might be from the 20's, does anyone know more about these or what they might be worth? Thanks for your help!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#17642 Fri Jan 14 2005 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DBELL, WELCOME TO OLDGAS! IS IT AT ALL POSSIBLE TO GET PICTURES OF THESE SIGNS AND GET THEM POSTED ON THIS THREAD? THIS WAY THE SINCLAIR GUYS CAN TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE AND GIVE YOU A BETTER JUDGEMENT THAN YOUR DESCRIPTION. PICTURES ALWAYS HELP. IF ALL 3 SIGNS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME, THEN A FEW PICS OF ONE WOULD HELP. DON'T FORGET DETAILS
BACK AND FRONT SHOTS, ETC.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO POST THESE IMAGES FOR YOU, EMAIL THEM TO ME @ drcoke@optonline.net

THANKS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGES

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#17643 Fri Jan 14 2005 01:48 PM
D
dbell Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I haven't been able to get a hold of a digital camera yet, but I just found an old picture on this website: http://www2.willard.lib.mi.us/bcphotos/business/h34_3469.htm
The sign on the gas station above the man's head is exactly the same as the ones I have.

#17644 Fri Jan 14 2005 04:49 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
On the pump in that pic, is that a airplane decal or a porcelain sign??? Anyone know about that???

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved