Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JAY ESS Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Been away from the site and collecting for a while. Well the bug has bitten again and I would like to add a parking meter or two to my collection. Is there someone on the site that might be the "guru" on meters. I am looking to purchase something either already restored or in great original condition. I am partial to the versions made in the 1940s-50s.
As always, many thanks in advance.
js

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a couple models. Mike (bruzer75) has quite a few. I just look at mine, Mike makes his work. So he would be the one to ask questions of. LOL

Here are photos of what I have right now, thanks to Mike and Ebay.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Howdy,
I started a Parking meter post a few months back. Hope this link works.
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=116447#Post116447
If you see something you like I will try my best to tell you what it is and then you can search out ebay, craigslist or I got my very first meter from a yard sale. That started the meter madness.
Mike

J
JAY ESS Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks Mike!

N
Nik Offline
N
A friend of mine was into them quite heavy several years ago, to the point of writing a book about meters. I don't know how many he has left out of his collection, but he might be worth a try. His name is mik and his email is metermike@yahoo.com

J
JAY ESS Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: Nik
A friend of mine was into them quite heavy several years ago, to the point of writing a book about meters. I don't know how many he has left out of his collection, but he might be worth a try. His name is mik and his email is metermike@yahoo.com

Thanks! I will send off an e-mail. js

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Just wondering Mike. I have Duncan Miller like the one Bob has in his second pic in the thread. It has no key. The money compartment is unlocked, but the other lock isn't and was wondering if there is a way to correct this situation. I'd like to find a new or better lense and give it a new paint job but until I can get into it, I seem to be at a stand still.

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave,
I have some the exact same way. As of yet I have no key to the top of a Duncan Miller. I have drilled out a couple but I really hate to do this. They are the high security and my Key Man can't get into them either. Unfortunately drilling out the lock is the solution I have right now.
Mike

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Are there replacement locks available? If I decided to really go to this trouble, any drilling recommendations?

........Dave

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved