Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wow pumpingethyl i can see why that is one of your favorite pieces, its beautiful....I'll bet it didn't look quite that good without all of the accesories......

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is similar to the Texaco one. $500 is a screaming deal. Texaco ones sell for $1000 and up without the grease guns and the handy oiler. Not every station had one so they are kind of rare. Had never seen another brand for these.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Alex #175574 Wed Feb 17 2010 03:02 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
After seeing what "pumpingethyl" did with his, I'll conceed, that is a great looking display.

So here is some information:

Your unit was made by the ARO Equipment Co. of Bryan, Ohio. They started in business in 1930 and are still in business in Bryan. There was possibly a connection between ARO and Service Station Equipment Co. but I have not been able to confirm it. They were both in Bryan, OH in 1930.
I believe your rack is from the mid-1930s from the style of emblem used on the top and bottom of the rack. As far as I can determine ARO only sold greasing equipment. Your's is a generic unit, probably sold by equipment dealers to anyone who wanted to purchase it.

I have a number of color ads showing their equipment, but nothing showing your exact unit. Free standing racks and racks attached to large multi lubricators are shown. I may be able to help you with what the guns looked like as a number of them are shown. I also have a thick parts manual, but again just showing the guns.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
H
H
Randy, I've got a Hi-Speed grease gun rack. I thought for sure you would too!!!!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Greg,

It was never high on my list of Hi-Speed items to get. Still looking for a few cans and signs. I did get nice a Hi-Speed/Charm can on ebay....Big $$$ but is it nice.

I will put it on buys of the week.

Do you have all the grease guns and tools? Email me a pic of it.

Randy

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I agree with roadrelics, too. These are really nice especially when loaded with the guns. I think the price is right-on. I picked up a Pennzoil rack a couple of years back but haven't started to fill it yet.

Very nice Gilmore there Dennis....Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
keithia Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the info and advise. The Gilmore one is killer! I will have to decide what I want to do.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
H
H
Randy, I don't have any pics. I'll try to post some. No guns or tools with it, just the bare rack......did get a nice 1934 map for Christmas!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
As is I would not give more than $250 for it. Since you will spend more money to get guns to fill it smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The grease guns can be had for just a little money each, often $5 to $10. Not too bad to load one up....Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Never get tired of seeing pics of that Gilmore gun rack, Dennis. It sure is pur-r-rty!!! cool

Sell me your Gilmore Oil Co. stuff...
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Stunning display!
Something new to add to my wish list that I didn't know existed..

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Here is my Mobil rack, I bought the grease guns at Dayton Gas for very little $.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved