Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175603 Wed Feb 17 2010 07:13 PM
grabber Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I know a picture is worth a thousand words but right now I dont have one...a local gentleman has a tokheim 39 gas pump he said he might sell...it appears to be pretty much all original with good doors...surface rust is present but it appears to be very solid. There's one computer face plate missing and the pump has two original Atlantic pump plates on each side. The pump is pretty much rust colored as it has spent all its life outside. The top does have a protruding metal piece but its not a globe holder (not sure what it is...I'm pretty new to pumps). I'd like to buy it and display it as its a local piece and good local pieces are a tough find in our area. Any thoughts on what it might be worth? It stands about 5 feet high and the pump plates seem to be pretty nice. (pump plates are the smaller 13x9...mostly red with a black ATLANTIC in the center with a bit of white lines in areas (standard Atlantic plate I believe...). Thanks everyone for your time.

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think 350.00 is fair for the pump a tok 39 is pretty common in my area and thats what they go for. The signs do add value to the pump so you have to take that into consideration as well. So 350 plus whatever the signs are worth. I hope this helps

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
s932 #175610 Wed Feb 17 2010 07:32 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I would give $350-$375 tops for it with the signs smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I can easily sell a short Tok. 39 for $350. If it is in really good shape I can get a little over $400.

grabber Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thank you for the info everyone...he asked what I would be willing to pay for it earlier today and I said I'd check and see what it was worth first...he's a great guy and I've purchased many signs from him...just wanted to make sure not to low ball him or pay too much smile Once again thank you smile

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved