Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#174570 Thu Feb 11 2010 05:18 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I just started collecting Old Service Station items and recently acquired a Bennett model 56 gas pump from a local farm. There is no retail price meter on it and it was still mounted above the fuel tank in front of a 100 year old barn so it's obviously a farm pump. The problem I'm having is finding any information as to replacement part suppliers for this model or for that mater what it even looked like new! Right now it's just a rusty box with a hose and nozzle.
can anyone send me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't get carried away looking for the correct parts unless you want a project or it has sentimental value. Mid 50's style I beleive commercial equipment and to find the right parts may take a while and cost 5 times what it's worth. Just my 2.5 cents worth. The real deal "Get rid of the pump and don't look back because they have a tendency to multiply. My one went to 3, then 7, then 16 you get the picture" Good luck restoring I enjoy it

Kris Strong
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to the site. I didn't see a model 56 in Jack's books, but did see the model 58. The "58" is a commercial pump, so possibly that is the one you have? Jack Sim might have literature on your pump, you can contact him by using his email.

Here is his email info; jhsim@swbell.net

Where exactly are you located in the PNW, I'm in Longview,WA. We have members all over WA and OR here.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

COMPUTER

METER wink

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I'll check it out, Thanks. Moses Lake is my location.

Joe

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I kinda figured that was the case with this one. I got it for a case of Beer ( Really! ) so I'm not into it too much yet wink I figured if nothing else I'd either straighten it out, Paint it John Deer green, Install a aftermarket John Deer globe on it and put it in my shop or use it in one of my outdoor metal sculptures, We'll see.
Thanks for the help!

Joe

Last edited by gasalleykid; Thu Feb 11 2010 07:22 PM.

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
If anyone can dig up a picture of one of these new or restored I'd love to see it.

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
V
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
V
Hey Joe,
Welcome to the site. Check out the picture gallery...maybe you will see your pump there. Sounds like you have the right idea for it. A farm pump will look good in John Deere Green and yellow. Did you know John Deere was from Vermont? He invented the first bottom plow about 15 miles from where I live.
John

Wanted: Original Jenney Gas, Husky, Marathon, and Frontier Globes
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a few parts and the parts breakdown listed at
http://www.gaspump.com/Other_Parts.html
Ron

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The Bennett 56 was introduced around 1959, and if I can describe it, it is a very narrow 58. It was a very low cost pump that even used a modified ECO air meter hook to hang the hose. It was not shown in the book for two reasons; there were more popular pumps that I included and I never had a good picture of it. According to my literature there was even a hand operated version of this pump.

Joe, I would like to welcome you to this site and if you really like this old petro stuff I would also like to invite you to take a look at my website: www.petrocollect.com

It is the largest website devoted to this hobby (over 5000 images).

Information on your pump is on this page: http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/bennett%2056.htm

The above reference to Jack's book is to my Gas Pump Identification book, and information about the book is also on my website.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
THANK YOU JACK! I've got a picture of the one I acquired, Just can't seem to figure out how to post it here.

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
gasalley kid if you can email it to me i will post it for you mick oldnfuelish@sbcglobal.net

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Feb 12 2010 03:06 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Jack do you have a link to any pictures of the 56 or 58? I looked on your site but may have to sit down with a barley pop to take the time to go through all the pics.

Thanks in advance!

B.T.W. I ordered your book a few days ago and can't wait to go through it.

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
here is joes pump joe, parts for this can be easy or hard to find.one guy to check with would be ron scobie,i know he has some parts for the small farm pumps,but not sure if he has any for yours. although these pumps look very cool all done up,they are not as popular as the full size pumps,and not many parts are made.the good side is you came to the right place,and i bet someone here has the parts you need.enjoy it,and make sure to show us pics of the next pump you buy.cause there will be more!!welcome to oldgas,mick

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Feb 12 2010 03:33 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks a petro gallon Mick!

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved