Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That is definitely from the same batch as the sign I posted. Somebody did a good job of making the grommets on my sign worn and cracking the porcelain around them. Thanks Doc. Now that we know the differences side by side, it is easy to tell. Hindsight is 20/20.
I would bet that 9 out of 10 guys from old gas would have been fooled at a swap meet by this sign before this post. Now, anyone who read this post will never be fooled again on this sign anyway.

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT COLOR THE BACKSIDE OF THE ORIGINAL IS. I HAD ONE ONCE (BOUGHT IN 1985 FOR $18 AND SOLD IT IN 2002 FOR $185 TO A FRIEND), BUT CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THE REVERSE SIDE WAS COLORED AS.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would have never bought one of those. They are just to confusing, along with the other 9" 3/4" round and the 10"x10' square, Flying A Gasoline ,and also the round 9"3/4" Tydol Ethyl in Gas Pump Heaven catalog. the catalog sez they are 10" but that not true there just rounding off the the size, and same thing on the 12" pump plates when there really 11"34" That's my opinion. Why do these sign makers have to make some of these pump plates identical to the real ones ? Iv been burned on some of this stuff also since Iv been collecting. It just made me BUYER BEWARE.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think that the best way to tell on these is by the color of the back side.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Jason, are you calling me knowledgeable???LOL I wasn't sure at the swap meet but I am now. Did your other sign show up? Your dad needs the plywood.............

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Backside of my original is a light green. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tom, you are knowledgeable. You can spot an original silver bullet can from a quarter of a mile. LOL. Other sign showed on Thursday and my Dad just got the plywood from me today.

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Oops!!!!

Last edited by Signal Gas & Oil; Tue Feb 09 2010 11:27 AM.

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved