Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I won an Archer Oil PENETRATING OIL 4oz can with paper label this morning. I've never noticed this type container from Archer before. I only have the auction # 300390521017, until it arrives from the seller in the next few days. My question to those that collect oilers, what do you think of this can? For $15.50, I couldn't lose. Just wondered what you guys think, as I don't find anything like it under Archer Oil in the "Drop of Oil" guides. I think it will look great in my Oil Company Handy/Household oiler display. I still have a couple of spots that need to be filled.

URL=http://img685.imageshack.us/i/handyoilers2110.jpg/][/URL]

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Now that is one neat display!!! I kinda take a special shinein to a couple of cans in there!! Sweet Kent.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
so you sold me all of those shakers so you could buy all these oilers. They look good bob, i really like the mfa i have that one as well.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
It's the real deal Bob.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Display is looking like you will need another shelf soon. At least your Archer can won't be lonely. Looks great.
Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pretty neat old can Bob! Should look good in your display! Don't get in too big of a hurry to fill it tho, because you know what happens then!! LOL MORE SHELVES!!!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Looks good Bob smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The can is here.
Mike, you are right. The new can fits right in next to my other 2 Archer Oilers.

URL=http://img695.imageshack.us/i/archeroiltins.jpg/][/URL]

Kevin, somehow I was able to find another shelf, so the hunt for Oil Company oilers will go on, LOL.

What?? No "3 in 1" cans??? (or maybe I missed it...) whistle

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Nope, I have a "special" little area for "non" Oil Company oilers. I wouldn't want anyone to think I don't appreciate the "3-in-1" folks, LOL (Moved the Mystic and Pyroil oilers to this area, also)

URL=http://img504.imageshack.us/i/miscoilers2410.jpg/][/URL]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob, I think thats Outstanding !!!!!!! That oil bottle really looks like a keeper too . Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Bob,
I can see a couple of shell cans, any "soap box derby lubricant"? I have one and was wondering how rare it was or wasn't, no I don't want to part with it.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I do have a Shell Soapbox Lube can. The Shell are ... not real rare (IMO) see them on ebay at times. There are a couple of other Oil Companies that also had "Soapbox Derby" oil/lube tins, but they didn't mark them as plainly as Shell did. For those that don't have Shell "Soapbox Derby" lube tin, here is a photo of what Pyle and I are talking about;

URL=http://img708.imageshack.us/i/shelloilsmallcontainers.jpg/][/URL]

Thanks Bob, Just like the one I have. How do you clean the cans to get slight rust off of tops and dress up the painted parts?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I use either Dawn dish washing detergent or GO-JO to clean my cans and tins. Depending on how old and how rough the can or tin is, depends on which I use. GO-JO will take off tar and heavy soiling, but can remove a top layer of paint if one isn't careful. Dawn takes a little longer, but does a nice job. I also use one of those battery operated toothbrushes. (I get mine at the dollar store) I pick up a "soft" brush and it works great for loosening up dirt and grime. For rust, the best thing I have found is a square of alum foil. Takes the rust right off.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved