Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bought 2 Texaco items at a flea market this weekend and would appreciate some help in identifying and placing a dollar value on them. I have attached pictures of each item.

The first one is a wooden Texaco crate marked "Thuban Compound...25LB/11.339 Kilos...Hi Grade...Uniform Quality", and it has a nice Texaco Red Star Logo With the green "T" on both ends. I haven't the slightest idea what "Thuban Compound" is. I'd like to know what this was and approximately when the crate was made. The crate seems pretty old, and is held together by ordinary nails, not staples.

The second item appears to be a cast iron model of the Texaco Ford Tri Motor plane, though it doesn't have the word "Texaco" on it, just a red star. Compare this one with the "Wings of Texaco" collector series #7 plane by ERTL. It is obviously the same plane, down to the red tipped propellers and crew seating position. The crew in this plane even have green Texaco style caps on! Again, it looks pretty old, and I'd like to know who made it and when.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer!

Craig Braemer

Edit to update image URL

[This message has been edited by Oldgas (edited 03-24-2002).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
The box dates to the 1920s. Thuban I'm not sure about.

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved