Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I am Posting this for TERRY FLANNERY

I was in Portland this past fall being a tourist and bothering relatives. Very Nice part of the country. I really like the fall out here. I'm from northern Wis. been a lumberjack some of my life so the west coast and this truck stuff gets to me. These two trucks are my projects, the IH I just finished this past summer and the log truck is a work in progress that I should have done by spring

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice looking trucks....KILLER

RANDY
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Both really neat! did you use a modern running gear under the 36 Ford? looks to me like it's 4-wheel drive, Marmon-Harrington made 4wd sometime in the 30's. Thanks for posting! tt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
really cool rides!!love the tanker!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Terry out here we are called loggers, lol. I spent a few years in the woods for Weyerhauser. When Mt. St. Helen's erupted, she wiped out a good portion of Weyco's tree plantations around the mountain.

This was a common sight around here, (only with newer trucks, LOL) until the mid 70's. Weyerhauser built a new mill to process old growth timber, but the Carter Admin took care of that.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I am coming to swindle you out of those trucks as soon as I can ride the rails and hitchhike to your place--LOL. Verrrrrry nice! Thanks for posting. Dave Folck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I love these pictures but I'm not sure it was a good idea for me to see that Cities Service truck!!!! Now I want one and I wonder where that will lead???? Beautiful job!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Awesome trucks.
You would have enjoyed the Annual Pacific Northwest Truck Show in Brooks, Oregon just South of Portland. 4th Saturday of August. Michelle even enjoyed it.

Here is an International that was parked outside the Capitol Building in Salem, Or. It had a blow-up Strawberry on the flatbed advertising the State Fair. They were deflating as we pulled up.
Mike

Oregon Fair.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MAN I REALLY LOVE THAT CITIES INTERNATIONAL!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That's nice. I know where there's a 46 Ford 1 1/2 ton with a 1/2 ton to go with it for $500. Of course both would need complete restoration. That would make a good one.

Barry
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Tnx for posting the pic's Rick and for yours Bob, them old binders were awesome trucks. Blows my mind to see just one biga-- log per truck. I was born in the wrong part of the country. I really like the northwest better than Wis but too late now. The Cites Service is a 41 IH ton and a quarter,K4. The tank is 450 gallon and truck is complete,hose reel,meter,PTO,pump, it's all there. Could be hauling gas and making deliveries with about an hours work. Did a major on it top to bottom, front to back and that little flathead 6 purrs like a pussycat.
The log truck is a 64 Ford one ton 4WD with original running gear, Ford Y block 272 C.I., 4spd. Was put together with the 36 cab by another guy. I bought it from the family and have been redoing the mechanics and finishing on it. Should be all done this spring. Took it to my hometown of Crandon Wi last summer,logging community, for a car show there. The crowd voted it "car of the show". Blew them away.That includes Camaros, Mustangs,57 Chebbys and all the rest of the classics. It is one of a kind in this neck of the woods. Tnx for the good words guys and keep those truck pic's coming.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I CAN TELL YOU FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THAT THOSE TRUCKS LOOK BETTER IN PERSON THAN A PICTURE. PICTURES DO NOT DO THEM JUSTICE!!
I KNOW THE CITIES SERVICE TOOK A LONG TIME TO COMPLETE, BUT LOOK AT THE END RESULT, ONE WORD SUMS IT UP " AWSOME" . ALOT OF YOU PROBABLY DONT KNOW ME ,BUT TERRY IS MY DAD!!

Last edited by dodgeman60; Wed Dec 30 2009 04:06 PM.

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
LOVE THAT LOG TRUCK!!

Great job of detailing.Knock down stakes on both sides that will allow for manual unloading,spare tire,tools you need on the cab guard really set it off and change it from just a pretty truck into a presentation of "that's how we did it".

Oh, all you need to be a desert logger is a water bag hanging off the mirror.LOL.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Those trucks are cool smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice looking trucks Terry !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved