Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Working on Oil burners aint the same as working on a Gas job . I should outta know as I was a mechanic all of my life and I still drive professionally from time to time too. I know what a good running diesel sounds like and a Gas engine too. Ya don't take a diesel to a gas engine guy an vice virsa . I'm glad ya got the motor fixed as Diesel is outragously priced these days ! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Since I live in a pretty small town, most of my gas is bought from an independent co. Owens Oil Company, out of Bloomington Ill. has several stations branded Freedom Oil, In Illinois and Flordia. For many years it was the only place you could buy diesel and gasoline both.I have stuck with them for the last 15 years. Norm.

Norm Huff
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Norm do they have any oil cans or bottles that say Owens on them? If they did I will have to make a trip down there smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Most gas is bought on the spot market, then as said before, additives are added before tanker is filled. You'd be surprised @ how big the container is w/ the additives for 10,000 gallons. Trace amount in each gallon.

Actually the additive is added as the tanker is being loaded,all computerized.At the Shell yard in W.Sacto.if the computer for the additive is down you will not be able to load gasolne.

Living in the Twin Cities area, I'm able to choose Holiday's, low sulfur, "Blue Planet" gasoline. I like the "earth & engine" friendly option, and have been going to Holiday, every fill, for the past (17) years without a problem!

I'm a former collector, turned Erickson/SA/Northwestern Refining Company/Holiday petroliana picker, for a member of the family.
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Dude. Even though I live close to Bloomington, I have only came up with one, Owens oil can, it was a two gallon,in good condition but the graphics were pretty plain,no quart cans at all.There is a lady in Clinton who has an OCOPEP globe, but she will not part with it, I have tried. I am sure you know better than anyone how hard it is to find Owens, collectables.Norm.

Norm Huff
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Yes I do there Norm. After looking for it for a little over a year now I have 3 quart cans,1-2 gal can,1 uniform patch & a coupon book. They did a good job cleaning up there stuff when they downsized!!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved