Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
When I buy some thing the price I pay depends on how bad I want to have it.When I sell, I sell by what it means to me. I other words my price guide is my own twisted mind. I bought Jack Sim's gas pump book the other day and was floored by the value of a double clock face pump compaired to the single clock sitting next to it for around twice the money. It seemed like the same pump but the double was a LOT less than the single. By the way I love the book. After going through it I asked my wife what she thought the most ugly pump was? Why not do a survey on the most ugly pump? Mine was the cut off looking wide version of a wayne 60. I cant remember the model number.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

I agee with Alex,if I really,really want something the price guides,auction results and anything goes out the window.I won't do anything crazy,but I've come awfully close a couple of times!! LOL.

On pumps, I start with Jack's book and then adjust from there for missing parts and overall condition.Unless...See above!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dang...two guys agreed with me. This is a blue ribbon red letter type of a day. Seriously, I think the value of something is based on what is would "normally" sell for...whatever that means and if someone actually wants it. In the example above where the signs sold for way more than when as a swap meet only means one of two things. 1. Nobody knew what it was worth or wanted that particular sign..or 2. the guys at the auction really wanted it or were nuts. But it still doesn't mean that is what it is worth.
I agree that going into a shop and an antiquew dealer saying, that's what the book says is frustrating. But if they aren't an expert they have to use something. What something is worth is what someone is willing to pay for it..period. (In my opinion)

Last edited by Alex; Wed Dec 23 2009 11:17 AM.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved