Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast

I would like everyone's opinion on what I should do to complete this Wayne 45 Twin Pump. It is missing the computers; 2-cast face bezels; the light manifolds & conduit ; 1-45 degree nozzle fork & rest assembly; 1 Wayne 40A visigauge; 1 short style crank back handle & some of the cast internal brackets to mount one of the computers to.
As you can see in the picture I have a Wayne 40 that I could part out(have parted another out already a while ago). If I part out the Wayne 40 I would have (2) 10" computers;(2)visigauges;(2)light manifolds;(2)sets of cast internal brackets to mount the computers to;(2)matching crank back handles & (2)cast face bezels all from Wayne 40's. I would have to come up with (2) more Wayne 40 cast face bezels, and could possibly trade the (2) Wayne 40A/45/50/50A bezels for them.
Would like your opinions and input if I should go this route to make this a pump with the Wayne 40 parts I have or should I try to find the parts to keep this a pump with the Wayne 40A parts that are on it now? I understand that this pump was built both ways from the factory. Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...if these were my pumps - if the parts are interchangable between the two pumps - I'd buy another parts pump or find the parts needed, assemble a twin, give it the first-rate restoration it deserves, and enjoy it...take lots of photos of the process and document every step of your work - potential buyers down the road would appreciate it...keep it as original as possible...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I agree, find the parts you need to finish the twin. Restore the 40 first and send the twin to me. LOL

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The mounting ears on a 1932-33 computer are different than on all the rest, and may not fit correctly.
They do not have the "cutout" on the Variator to accomidate the longer face a 40-A has either. That is if your 40s have the original computer style.

40 and 40-A computer mounts/ears are different....at least 1 is.

This pic shows the notch in the variatorfor the longer 40-A faces

A 40-A computer might fit a 40, but a 40 computer may not work in a 40-A, because of the longer face.
These are the only pumps these rules apply to as far as I know.
I beleive the #40 to be the prototype pump.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I want Santa to leave that double under my tree.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I agree!!! Fix the twin then the single 40. I would be happy with either one of those smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Looking for more input;comments;advise;discussion- any and all information will be helpful to help me determine which route I will take to build this twin pump. Thanks, Bill

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I do not think the 40 face bezels would fit the 40A/45 pump.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
if it help --ill be taking a wayne 40 with no face bezel to portland swap in april

looking for spanish gas signs
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Bill, I think the parts off your 40 will not fit on the 45. They are similar but not quit right. You could trade the 40 parts for the parts you need for the 45, but that may be a long process. The computers are the main problem. They are just not out there and could take years to find. Most of the other parts your missing are easier to find or are being repopped. I have an extra meter mount cast piece for the 40-A, crank back side. The light manifold top where it fits to the top looks to be the same casting as the wayne 70 but I did not compare them. I have found the short turn back on some Wayne 60's and 70's pumps. Your 40 is pretty complete except for the skins but they are repoped. The one leg that is bent looks like it could be fixed. I would have a hard time parting out the 40. I would still keep the 45 and try to find the parts because it's such a great pump. Just my opinion. Richard

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I have a set of 40a bezels I would trade for the 40 bezels if you part the 40 out. I may also have a 40a visigauge would have to look.
Thanks
Brandon

Last edited by besgar; Wed Dec 23 2009 12:10 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Keep the 45 as is and don't try to merge the two. Either sell the 40 or part it out, theres a lot of buyers out here for Wayne 40 parts. Looks to me like you can find the 40A parts and you'll maybe have to be a little creative with the light manifold but the computers will be the hard part! They're out there but where?? Keep searching!! Thats a really great pump!!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Matt,
You are right about the Wayne 40 face bezels not fitting on the Wayne 45 Twin pump. Just went outside and tried them on the pump and no luck. Will have to re-think what approach I should take to complete this pump. Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. Thanks, Bill

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bill ---theres a Wayne 40A for sale on Old Gas right now! Check the for sale section!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Kevin,
I saw that one for sale. I also have a Wayne 40A and a line on another one from a local guy I know. I appreciate you letting me know about it though. Thanks, Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved