Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
I'm reassembling a wayne 70 pump and there are some funky stainless bezel clips that are stripped and/or have fasteners broken off in them. They're soft... don't know what kind of metal they are. slightly rectangular and they are "staked" into the bezel.
What are these clips/fasteners called and are they available new? I need a bunch.
Thanks!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I don't know of anyone repoping them. I use JB weld to put them back on. Some times you can get away from using the middle one on the add glass bezels. Richard

G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
There is a guy in Harrington, Delaware who is making these pieces out of aluminum. Call Turkes Farrier Supply. 302-270-3549. Ask for Terry and tell him that Paul from Severn Gas Pumps referred you. He is a blacksmith by trade and saw a need to make these. Good Luck, Paul

K
OP Offline
K
I'm using the original bezels which are apparently different than the repro bezels.
Had a really nice conversation with Terry (mentioned above) and he told me the repro bezels have studs. So I guess this is only an issue for those of us wishing to use the original bezels. I encourage anyone with this issue to contact him and he can make a replacement piece that will work.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Paul Terry has a good idea since this a problem with them breaking. Hope he has enough once everyone hears about him smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
This question has came up several times, and I did not answer before. Here is what I did to replicate the original clips. I got a Bar of 50/50 solder, tin and lead. which is about 10 inches long and reqtangler about 1/2 by 5/8 inches. This is very easy to work and pretty strong. With a fine tooth hacksaw, and a small three cornered file you can cut and file identical fasteners. all you need is one original to copy.the small tip that has to extend thru the stainless piece should be just long enough to squeeze with a small pair of vise grips. to swedge it into the frame. this leaves just enough room to drill a pilot hole for an 8/32 tap. I try to drill and tap the hole before installing, that gives a good thread. It takes about 30 minutes to make one clip. Trust me, after you screw up the first few, it is easier. Norm

Norm Huff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved