Print Thread
#16269 Tue Apr 09 2002 10:37 AM
D
DCpate Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
There has been a very interesting discussion concerning reproduced PowerLube signs on Ebay. If you search under "oil sign" in the completed auctions you will see a repro that sold for $1300 plus! Another Ebayer posted a similar sign for sale but also posted a real Power Lube sign in his listing to show people the difference between the originals and fakes. His listing is under completed auctions too. Very interesting reading, and I for one won't get taken by one of the fakes!

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#16270 Tue Apr 09 2002 02:46 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That seller was pretty slick using a private auction! That kept almost everyone from letting his bidders know the truth. I've dealt with the guy that listed the repro alongside the original and never had any problems. I guess those people that went ahead and bid after seeing the second auction must not work very hard for their money. Wow! $1676+ for a repro!!!!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#16271 Tue Apr 09 2002 03:34 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's funny that a fake will bring 3 times more than I am asking for my real one. I put it on ebay about 2 months ago starting at $550 and didn't get a bid.

#16272 Wed Apr 10 2002 02:44 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Anyone bidding in a private auction should realize that it does nothing to protect the bidder, it us only advantagous to the seller (especially if they are trying something unethical)and ebay (from losing unlisted sales). Whether or not the item is fake, overpriced, etc., you may be bidding against a whole bunch of nicks with (0) ratings.
Its the easiest way in the world to get schilled.

Ebay's argument that it protects bidders privacy doesn't fly with me. I appreciate collectors who inform me an item is not authentic or is misrepresented. The whole idea is to be an informed bidder.

Just my nickels worth.

larry ivy
#16273 Thu Apr 11 2002 09:49 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
DO YOU HAVE THE ITEM # AND THE SELLERS E-BAY NAME? LETS GIVE THEM THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE.PRIVATE AUCTIONS SHOULD BE LISTED AT NO RESERVE OR $10,000.00 PLUS ITEM ,I HAVE NOTICED A FEW COMMON ITEMS LISTED AS PRIVATE AUCTIONS .I DON'T BID AGAINST THE HOUSE .ALSO I HAVE NOTICED MORE AUCTIONS ENDING EARLY FOR VARIOUS REASONS ????? DON'T WASTE MY TIME,E-BAY SHOULD START POSTING THE NUMBER OF AUCTIONS A SELLER HAS ENDED EARLY LIKE THEY DO FOR CANCELLED BIDS . O'WELL REX

#16274 Thu Apr 11 2002 03:50 PM
Online Cool
Here is a link to a completed auctions search for "power lube sign"
http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?ht=1&query=power+lube+sign&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

It will work for these items only for a limited time.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved