Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#162315 Sun Nov 29 2009 08:31 AM
T
OP Offline
T
As usual I know these questions come up all the time. I ran across a guy who had a Eco Islander out in his storage building. I have been hunting one to restore but are hard to find and always cost a arm and a leg. I know nothing about the tireflators but all the ones I have seen are on a pole or mounted to the wall. This one sits on a enclosed pedestal or cabinet. I did look at the pictures on Jacks site and see one like it.It looked like the 240 series. It does not have the pole for the light on top of it. It is not in real good shape. What would be a guess without a picture of its value and which is more collectible or desirable , one like these or the ones on poles or wall mounts?

TJ
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Terry Jones #162361 Sun Nov 29 2009 01:56 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Terry,

In my Air Identification book I stress, don't buy a air meter that is missing parts. I would also like to add to that, don't buy air meters that are in bad condition. The reason for that is, a lot of guys are out there looking for parts for incomplete or damaged air meters, they are waiting for someone else to part their units out. I am the only one known to have parted out three Islanders and I sold every part including a very badly bent frame (he wanted the bottom). Sooner or later someone has to part out a air meter or gas pump so others can complete theirs, maybe this could be a parts unit.

Need more information.
Is it air and water, air only, water only (yes they did sell a water only, but I doubt they sold many)?
Does it have the ECO head on it?
Is it sort of round like the 120 series, or sort of square like the 240 series?
Does it have parts missing, are the front and rear covers there?
Islanders have a habit of being very rusted at the bottom, actually I have seen some with the bottom completely rusted off, did you check for rust on this on?

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sun Nov 29 2009 02:05 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #162415 Sun Nov 29 2009 05:49 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Jack it did have the ECO head on it. It is shaped like the 240 series. I hope to go back and get some pictures this week. If I do I will try to post them.

TJ

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved