Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Ever been in the hign end gun room @ Bass pro in Vegas. Set of Perrazzi trap,skket field for $350K. Lots of guns in the 30K & up range. I asked the guy in the fancy suit if they sold many and his reply was alot. He said he sold a set for $100K the day before.
Lots of high end $$ comes to vegas and people buy on a whim.

Last edited by Blastmaster; Fri Sep 04 2009 08:26 AM.

Rick H, Sacramento Ca.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A good salesman never says he hasn't sold anything in the last few days ! But something has to pay the rent.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
that pump was a joke sign did not match the globe . had a gilbarco hose nozzle on it 39 tok hose out let cover and a polly paint job with a dino globe? and the add glasses look like they were made out of poster board and man were the parts hard to find and it only cost 2500.00..rick made him self look like a fool to any one who knows what there looking at. thats m/o...

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Even my very first resto (two color Richfield Wayne 70) was better than that piece of s--t. Dave Folck

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
According to the book CLASSIC SODA MACHINES by Jeff Walters, they did make a VMC44 embossed pepsi and 7up machines. Very rare. Spencer

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...anyone see that Coke machine switcharoo episode last night? It was on again...

...has anyone tried to contact Rick's Restorations and call him out on this bull$#!+?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B.S. Enteraiment

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
speaking of entertainment...

I wrote Rick today...found him online and sent him this:

Hi -

Are you the same 'Rick's Restorations' that was on the History Channel show 'Pawn Stars' last night?

...and I got this reply:

To:
Subject: Re: Pawn Stars?
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 21:38:45 -0500

Yes

Thank you,
Rick Dale
www.ricksrestorations.com
(702) 655-5544

...so I sent him the following:

Hi Rick -

Wow...what a small world!

Hey, that was some Coca-Cola machine! I gotta tell you, it looked like a different machine when you were finished with it.

I mean that - it really looked like a different machine. It looks like you started with a trashed machine, maybe a Vendo?...and finished with a Cavalier. My buddies and I were trying to figure out how you got the embossed Coca-Cola logo to be smaller on the 'restored' machine than on the original. We all thought of the number of hours it would take to do all of that work (and how much it would cost), and we decided it would have been easier for you just to roll out a restored Cavalier, and pass that off as if you had transformed that rusty junk into another make/model Coke machine. That dope on Pawn Stars couldn't tell the difference, right?

Hey - I guess that's why you're on TV...

One more thing - that gas pump you restored for the Pawn Stars...funny, the man that sold that pump to you years ago is a friend of mine! (Small world, right?) Anyway, he was watching the show with his wife, and - in his words - he almost fell out of his chair when he saw that pump. His wife actually recognized it! I mean, what are the odds that a pump you bought got sold unrestored to someone, who just happened to bring it into that Pawn Shop - only for them to buy it and return it to you for restoration? They'd have to be astronomical!

If I didn't know better, I'd almost think the people bringing stuff into that cool pawn shop were bringing your stuff in there and just acting like it was their stuff. What a set-up that would be! The guys filming the show would get a plot, and you'd get a 30-minute commercial for your business on the History Channel. Heck, you could get your employees or friends to play the part of the 'seller' at the pawn shop - and you wouldn't even have to pay an actor!

But, hey - that would all be a big fraud, wouldn't it?

Best -

M. L.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D'OH !!!!....LOL

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Mark good job! Any reply yet? I was thinking of having him restore some of my real junky pumps! Drop off a junk MS80 and get back a restored Wayne 60 LOL

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
ROTFLMAO laugh Hey John I will take in my G&B 176 & get back a Roman laugh Heck its in the truck now see ya in a few days LoL eek

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
K
K
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...anyone see that Coke machine switcharoo episode last night? It was on again...

...has anyone tried to contact Rick's Restorations and call him out on this bull$#!+?

I watched that and it began as a Vendo 39 and ended up a Cavalier 72. I was sitting thinking no way in hell that's the same machine. They aren't going to cut up that front door of the vendo 39 plus us metal to cover the 39 hole etc. Way too much work.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Someone said it in the previous post.....it's entertainment!!! Look how much fun you guys are having???? Everyone knows that this stuff isn't real......it's not the world we normal people live in......and I use the term normal loosely!!! Look at all the REALITY shows and if you think that they aren't scripted then....as the old saying goes....I've got some ocean front property for sale in Arizona that I'd like to sell you!!! Laugh it off.....best comedy around.....Just me talking. Paul

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Did you buy your Arizona ocean front property at the pawn shop!!! HaHaHaHa I am so funny I make myself laugh.
Mike

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Funny? John Cleese dressed up in a french maids outfit, yelling "albatross!" (Monty Python) That's funny. These "pawn star" guys are just liars. History Channel? they lie about this what wont they do? Hmmmm "upper class twits" maybe the execs at the "History Channel " will engage in the upper class twit contest! tt

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved