Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jlm543 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey I was hoping someone out there could give me a little info on a tokheim gas pump I recently acquired at an auction. It has a serial number tag with the number 48 stamped on it. It only has one meter, which records the number of gallons pumped. I have scoured the internet and have not been able to find any info on tokheim model 48. Please help.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What I have can be found at
http://www.gaspump.com/Other_Parts.html#part4
Scroll down to the "Tokheim MODEL 48 Power Pump".
Ron

Last edited by Ron Scobie; Tue Nov 03 2009 05:15 PM.

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to the site. You might want to contact Jack Sim here on this site. In his revised edition "An Illustated Guide to Gas Pumps", he mentions the Tokheim 48 HS TP. He might have more information on your pump avail. His email address is jhsim@swbell.net

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
When I wrote the Gas Pump Identification book (Revised) in 2008, I didn't have much info on the 48. One of the reasons was tha Tokheim somethings called the pumps 48s and the next time they called thm 486s. I tried my best to distinguish one from the other. I just looked and I don't even have a file for the 48, so it must be mentioned with some other pump and that is where I got the picture for the book.
From your description above, you have a commerciasl pump (not usuaslly used in service station) it was used in locations where it was not necessary to record the price of the gasoline sold. These were farms, cab garages, truck terminals, where they only wanted to know how many gallons were pumped into a car.

If it is all possible, how about posting as picture of your pump and I will try and identifhy it, in case it is not a 48.

I have posted over 5000 images on my website and many of them can be found in the Gas Pump Literature section, and if you have any questions, please feel free to email me if you have any questions. jhsim@swbell.net

I have both the Gas Pump Book and the Air Meter Identification book ready to ship, buth autographed by the writer. Email me if you are ingterested.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved