Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i was always into old cars.decided i wanted to put an old pump out by the garage.well,there is a lady in richmond il,"mildred the pump lady" and 1 day i stoped in and looked at what she had.her husband ,who had passed away,had been selling pumps for years before i ever even saw the place.all kind of pumps around and other old cool stuff.well on day i went and bought my first pump from her.it was a rapid dayton 1510.a few weeks later while on a trip to ky with my son,i found 2 fry 17 that i bought for 75.00.then i found oldgas,and since that time i havent turned back.since then i have had a few great finds,and it has become my main hobby.only have 1 car left,but now i would rather go lookin for pumps than wrench on a car.have met the greatest people in this hobby than anything i have ever been into before.

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Mon Nov 02 2009 03:42 PM. Reason: cause a weasal pointed out that they were 5 gall not 10 gallon frys!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Jack Sim #158374 Mon Nov 02 2009 04:06 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
HIi oldfuelish,

Good post. Sounds a lot like me except that I have a few trucks left but no tractors. What I found out is that I don't bleed as much collecting gas and oil! I'm probably just inept, or maybe those bigger bolts were just rusty?

Perhaps some people considering entering our hobby are reading these posts. Can't help but to promote the hobby if they know how we got here and what we are doing now.

Any comments from newbies or anyone considering our hobby?

Old Iron #158379 Mon Nov 02 2009 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
OK--Since DB called me a newbie, I might be qualified!
About 3 1/2 years ago, I entered retirement full time and moved off the farm and into a nice lake house with the most WONDERFUL shop building setting beside the house. Since I had always been into old muscle cars, I decided that I needed a few decorations for my new shop, that would compliment my couple of cars!
I was discussing it with a high school buddy and he told me that he had some old pumps at his place that he had gathered and he was sick of them and would sell very reasonable. I made the 5 mile trip and bought a Wayne 60, Wayne 70, and 3 MS 80 shells!
I was on ebay about the same time and ran across an ad from Oslo Steve on a couple of gas pumps and I managed to get him on the phone and because he was so close, I took the drive over to see what he was talking about!
I was floored by his display and promptly loaded up my Wayne 60 and took it to him to restore for me! By the time he finished it, I was hooked and set out to do my own restorations! With some encouragement and advice from Steve, I was able to restore a great old 36B that I found at a farm sale and I haven't stopped since!
I have refined my direction and upped my quality standards on things that I intend to keep but I'm constantly amazed by the new things I find out about this great old industry! If only I had paid more attention when I was 16 and working at those old stations and hanging around at all of them because my friends worked at different ones!
This web site continues to educate me every day and I'm thankful I was directed here because it has helped me to keep from making some mistakes that would have been costly, had I not known!
You're right DB--Newbie-Newbie-Newbie---But not for long! Thanks to all of you that have befriended me on this site and helped me with different things! You're the greatest!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved