Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
OK, I did some digging before I posted. I am still a bit confused. I have a Tokheim 300 which has a Gasboy nozzle which is not correct for the pump.

How can I determine the correct nozzle for the pump and find one. I did look at a couple of sites trying to sort that out, but now I am still confused but maybe have the focus narrowed...

I looked on Jack's site and can see a picture of the nozzle I think goes with the 300. On another site I found some references to a couple of other nozzles.

I think I am looking for an OPW 811 or 811H (not sure what the difference is). Potenially also a Buckeye Safety flow. How do I idenitfy them and where can I find them?

Then of couse I'll need to figure out how to "restore" one. LOL But I'll save that for another of my Newbie posts grin

Frank
1956 Chevrolet 210 Delray Sedan
1963 VW Type 1 with 1600cc; slammed
1965 IHC with SBC and Turbo 350
19?? Tokheim 300
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have a nozzle section on my website: www.petrocollect.com

You can go to the page for all the nozzles at: http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/gas%20pump%20nozzles.htm

Here is the page on my website that pictures the Tokheim 300 nozzles.

http://www.petrolianacollectibles.com/tokheim%20nozzles-2.htm

I believe I also have a 811 and the Buckeye nozzles you are looking for.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...neat stuff...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your pump should take an automatic nozzle, similar to an OPW 1 or 1-A
I used to rebuild nozzles too...there are several nozzle rebuilders out there that can do it cheaper than you can.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Your pump came with a Tokheim 811 nozzle, this is what was attched to the hose, which was attached to the pump, in the box, when it was delivered to the station.
In 1972 I owned a Shell Station in north St. Louis County. I leased the stastion. When one of the nozzles went bak (this was my responsibility) I went to the shell, found as box with as rebu8ilt nozzle in it, took off the devedtive on and replaced it with the rebuilt one. Once a month the rebuilder of nozzles would come around to see how many rebuilt ones we had used. The would take the broke ones, replace them with the rebuilt ones, and charge me for the ones I used.
Just in case you are a newbie, the same this was done with the pump computers. Computers were only guaranteed for about 20 months, and one quit working, you would have to shut down the pump, call the repairman, he would show up with a rebuilt one and exchange it (giving you the final reading on the onld computer and the opening readings on the new computer, This is how stations were run in the 60s & 70s. Which leads me to one last stastment, if someone tells you the pump is an original or that the computer is asn original, don't believe them. Nozzles and computers were usually guaranteed for only around 22 months. While a I|OPWl or 1A might have been on the pump at one time, the nozzle that came on the pump when it was new was as 811,

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved