Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#157261 Sun Oct 25 2009 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Guy has this listed on ebay, says it's a National. I looked in Jack's book at the National pumps and Tokheim pumps and cant' seem to find an exact match.

If you live in the area of the seller might want to check it out depending on what it is.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wasn't there just a discussion in the last month about these GOC Pumps with different face plates and so on. I will see if I can find the link.....

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Another custom idea by GULF !
Nat. 30 base & top w/o globe ring,
A-38 faces & door cutout,
A-38 cutout & access door,
A-38 spinner assembly.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It is a national. Look at the nozzle receiver and hose outlet, they look like an A-38. Also the faces look like A-38. Must be a Gulf pump from the same era as a A-38.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...I have a pump very similar to this, but mine has the little 'GLASS MUST BE FULL..." porcelain signs on the doors - mine is an A-38, says so on the ID tag on my pump...it's just made to Gulf Oil spec's...looks like he has the ID tag in the pic of loose parts...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GULF must have pressured the pump companies for new pumps during the steel shortage of WW2. They pulled leftover/unused parts out of the basement & rafters !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...it's not a National 30 top and base - the same top and base were used on all of the GOC pumps from this period, regardless who the manufacturer was...

...Gulf spec'd a specific cabinet design for use at their company-owned stations...companies that wanted to fill orders from Gulf (and who wouldn't?) adapted their pumps to suit that silhouette, and used what brightwork they used on their non-GOC models, as that wasn't standardized...the top and base on this pump is the same as other GOC pumps from the era...I have Bennett, Gilbarco, Erie, and National GOC pumps - the tops and bases are the same...they were part of the image spec and undoubtedly all from the same supplier...

...now - when Gulf changed their spec's in the mid-50's, Erie used some GOC parts on a few commercial pumps, mostly tops and bases...those were unused parts that were lying around...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They might not be the correct faces...could have been put on by a pump mech later.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
E
E
Looks very similar to a Tokheim 876 branded as a National.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved