Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
hi guys looking for the red arrow and red feather for a 6' sunoco porcelain sign. The arrow and feather mount to the iron frame on each end( side to side) not diagnolly. I would like to purchae them if someone has one or the other. Or if you have this sign if you could email me a pic of them and the dimentions that would be great. please let me know thank you

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I HAVE THE SAME SIGN AND NEED THE ARROW TOO. I WOULD MOST LIKELY MAKE MY OWN SINCE IT LACKS THE METAL FRAMEWORK SURROUNDING THE SIGN....A PROJECT THAT MAY TAKE YEARS TO GET TO SINCE I KNOW THE SIGN IS BURIED FROM MY MOVE LAST YEAR.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
OP Offline
is yours double sided? do you have any interest in selling it? please let me know thanks

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Just wondering guys,,,, are you sure there was an arrow on that early of a sign,,,, I thought the real early Sunoco signs didn't have arrows on them.I thought the arrows came later, ( 40'50's)???

Wes.......
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I have been inquiring for 4 years if someone had a sign with arrows that they would share the patterns but nada, nothing, zilch. I have staining on mine which would indicate the width.

Using this forum post

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=24375&Number=149294#Post149294

You can see the holes in my sign and the previous posting's sign that (also the staining which is visable) that I am suppose to have the arrows. I have sketched out what I feel are pretty close measurements using the appropriate scaling. But I still would like some actual tracings. Next spring I will cut out some metal. Good luck in your quest and if my sign is the same size is yours ( i think mine might be smaller) Id be more then happy to share my estimated dimensions with you. John

Last edited by Fueluser; Sat Oct 17 2009 07:56 AM. Reason: added sentence
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Oh one more thing... I've seen signs in pictures (and more importantly on road maps)both ways, arrows on the top of the sign and under the sign. Since I have staining on the top I am presuming arrows on the top are just as correct as underneath. John

OP Offline
I am surprised nobody out there has this sign with the arrows.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved