Next Thread
Print Thread
#155041 Wed Oct 07 2009 08:09 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hoping to sell this before the end of October. If you live in Michigan or near the Michigan/Indiana/Ohio boarder I'll load this up and deliver it for some gas money. This pump has been painted inside and out with PPG/OMNI base coat clearcoat. I have had to touch up some chips in the base just from moving it around but nothing bad. Just being honest in my listing.
If you have any questions contact me here or call me at 517-256-7603. Thank you
$1200.00

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
That's a good price on your pump, if I was into Skelly I would own it. Good luck.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I am finding that is the case all over. I liked the logo so I did the pump in that brand. Most people that have looked at the pump always ask whats Skelly, where is that from? If I don't get lucky enough to sell it I may re paint the doors and change the brand. Hope not but who knows????

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Tucker48, that is a cheap enough price for the quality of the resto no matter the brand. I would give a week or so on here, probably sell here, then to feebay. I would leave it as is and run it on both places before I re-painted it. JMO.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know your wanting to move it quickly - but I would find an antique store in your area that gets a lot of traffic - cut a deal and have them take 20% on sale no monthly rent or fees, then up your price to cover.

That is what I do here in Topeka when I need to move something that is in my way - I have sold 2 pumps a year that way in just one store downtown. What I find sells best is harley gas pumps - yea yea, I hate that fake junk.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Thanks guys. Michigan is just a really tight market right now. I always have good luck selling pumps but I haven't done one up in almost 2 yaers so things have gotten worse since then. I can usually get 2000.00 for them. I'm afraid those days are over for a while unless you have an un-common pump. I'm sure it will sell given some time and I don't mind passing on a good deal to somebody else. thanks again and have a great day.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hello everybody. I have listed this pump on E-bay today with an opening price of 1200.00 for a 10 day auction. If the pump sells here or through the other channel listing I will cancel my auction. Once a bid has been made through e-bay I will honor my committment and follow the auction to its conclusion.

thanks again for all of the advise and wish me luck. see ya later.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
That is a sweet pump smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have noticed Michigan advertising for industry on cable.
That is a nice pump and a good price, that is what I sold the last 966 I did 20 yrs ago.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved