Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155051 Wed Oct 07 2009 10:19 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Good afternoon everyone, are any of you having trouble opening up Matthews Auctions Emails when they come to your computer? First you agree one wants to keep subscribing , gives you thanks, then when you go to the URLs such as the Peotone Auction it is in black and white, the URLS are very long and will not open. Our Director of the Northern Illinois University IT dept tried this morning with three different programs and could not open their URLs either. Wally told me Matthews URLs are way to long and even though the "hand image" appears, the URLs are just too long to open with most programs. He used a Linux operating sytem (PINE) no luck - a reader/client based program called "Groupwise" used for reading Emails on our campus system, but has not tried Microsoft Outlook as we are not allowed/given the privledge to use it on the campus system of over 25,000 computers. Any ideas or has anyone else had this problem? Thanks Rob

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Rob:
I looked at the auction pictures last night with no problem. Can't tell you what your problem is, but my computer didn't have any...Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Dale, that's what I needed. I think I am going to have to have Dan at the auction company, stay off my University Email and put it on my yahoo site. Never had this problem before with the corvette forums and others I monitor, but think I will try off campus email with this one. Thank you very much Dale, Rob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Have you tried to Forward it to your Yahoo account ?

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Dick ,that is what I am going to do tomorrow. I am only an hour away from Peotone but nice to see what is going to be sold. Thanks for the input!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: 7 SEC SS
Thanks Dale, that's what I needed. I think I am going to have to have Dan at the auction company, stay off my University Email and put it on my yahoo site. Never had this problem before with the corvette forums and others I monitor, but think I will try off campus email with this one. Thank you very much Dale, Rob

You're welcome. That is what we're here for...Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved