Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KZ1000 #155376 Fri Oct 09 2009 06:21 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The crowds were there, but many people show up for several days and when weather moves in, the move out until another day. It is so vast that at times you can feel rather alone, then you walk to another aisle and you're in a crowd. People get very creative on how to carry items they've purchased as well as how they get around. Bicycles are popular and I even saw one gentleman on a kids scooter and a lot of battery powered EZ chairs. Handtrucks with bungy cords, grandma grocery carts, backpacks, little red wagons.....any means that can aid you are recommended. It's hard to convey the shear size of this event. I was impressed with the amount of things that were there this year. Prices range with quality just like anywhere else. You can find barn hangers. I have a budget and I have to spend wisely (we even pack food rather then spend on the expensive stuff on sight) and I still did well within my area of collecting. Had to stick to a plan and do a lot of looking. You keep track of "potential" buys on paper if it's something you're not sure about and keep moving. Hershey is an experience that everyone should try at least once. You won't be disappointed. I do recommend you bring you're most comfortable pair of shoes. You'll probably hear more different languages spoken from around the world in one day than in a whole year of watching TV.

........Dave
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Harley Davidson Did have Rocker Oil Cans. That one is in Probably the Best condition I have seen one in. What Did they want for it? My Guess is $2500-$3000, Am I Close????

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Harley rocker was a fake........yes, there are originals but that was not one of them....a paper label on a old rocker can, then aged to look old.....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I couldn't tell in the picture that it was a paper label.

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i guess you had to be there.....a H-D rocker in excellent condition would bring close to 5k........

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Been going for a little over 20 years now.....only missed a couple shows in that time, unfortunately this year was one of them. Appreciate all the pictures, makes me feel like I was there!!

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
I asked earier on but does anyone have any information on the Navy Gasoline sign..thanks
Ray

hotcidr #155465 Sat Oct 10 2009 09:02 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Ray that sign sold at the show because I was looking at another sign that the vendor had and they said the navy had sold and noting the way they were not budging too much on a 395.00 sign I doubt they came off of the 4900.00 they were asking.The sign had 4 holes in and around the center like it might have been an expensive and rare table top if you know what I mean Lenny

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for answering my query on the HD can. I looked at it and couldn't put my finger in on it, but it felt questionable. The paper wasn't obvious because of the way he coated over it. Hey, this is how we learn! All it cost me was a hunch and a photo and now I know more than when I started about Harley rockers.

........Dave
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
I will confirm the Harley rocker shown was a fraud.
Another great Hershey show- sold good, bought good. Introduced two virgins to the show this year, they will definitely be returning. Crazy windy weather on Wednesday and a little drizzle Friday but crowds were good. There was plenty of barn hangers available and lots of cans and smalls. Dad sold my diner stools but the buyer didn't get the hardware. Later that night while waiting in line at a restaurant, the buyer walked in, so I told him to stop by in the am. He asked where the stools came from, when I told him the town he was shocked and replied that was where he grew up before he moved out of state. Helped stop a runaway trailer rolling downhill towards a vendors camper and set up. Missed a fistfight between two old dudes near my space.
Thanks to all who stopped by and said hello. Thanks to Charles and Doc for putting up the photos.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
Anybody know what the asking prices and/or if the Wayne double clockface and Roman Column are still available??? Any contact info. would be super.
Thanks.

Last edited by petropumps; Sun Oct 11 2009 04:02 PM.
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
The wayne double belonged to Miles Little 704-888-4639

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
HEY TRACEY DID YOU GET YOUR OIL CART OKAY?

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
Thanks Big Blazer!! Anyone got any info. on that Roman?? Asking price/contact??

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I did not get the name on the Roman - it did have a repop fiberglass skin. The Wayne double was not for sale - someone delivered it to Miles. Brady

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved