Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1510 Sun Feb 04 2001 07:26 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi,
I just found two model 39's. I am restoring these for actual use. I need help finding manuals for the pump and the Veeder Root computer manuals and parts. Can anyone point me in the right direction for these service manuals.

I hope to paint one up as a flying A, but I have never seen one painted this way before. Does anyone have information about the orginal fying A pumps. Where should I look. The other pump may turn out to be painted as a Sky Chief.

I have no idea what year these pump are because the ID tags on the sides are missing. They are the short model 39's (58" tall) with the window glass being flat. The ad glass has a slight curve to it. Does anyone know if there are serial number stamped on the frame anywhere. If so, where do I find a listing of the year group for these numbers.

Please send me any suggestion on rebuilding for actual use or where I can find hard to get parts. This is my first rebuild project and I can use the help. I have seen lots of repo parts for the body, but nothing for the actual fuel pump or veeder root computers.

Thanks
Scott down in Texas.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#1511 Mon Feb 05 2001 09:18 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I can identify you pumps and let you know the years it was made, just let me know how the door is attached to the pump. I don't sell parts but I do have a great deal of literature on the Tokheim 39s and on the Veeder-Root computers.
Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#1512 Tue Feb 06 2001 05:19 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Scott....we carry all trim, pump faces, id tags, reset handles, etc...plus all decorating supplies for the Tokheim 39. Go to www.vicsplace.com for our brand new state-of-art online catalog. Or call 405 282 5586

#1513 Tue Feb 06 2001 07:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The Tokheim 39 low computing pump was made around 1947 & 1948. Let me know if you need color photocopies of the original sales literaure or any restoration parts. Ron Scobie

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved