Print Thread
#14822 Thu Feb 21 2002 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a Tokeim model 39 tall pump. I am attempting to rewire the three porcelin light sockets on the top. One is upright and lights a globe, the other two aim down and light the glass door and sight glass area. I have found the replacement porcelin sockets, but are unsure how to rewire. I see that I can pull the new wire through the inch piping. Can it be done so that the 3 light connect to one line running down into this pipe and out the pump as a single three prong to plug into an outlet. What type wire to buy and how to do this or am I forced to run three seperate lines down and then plug three into a wall outlet. Any help is appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#14823 Thu Feb 21 2002 04:51 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you think a parts/repair manual (the manual that was in the box when the pump was delivered) will help, I have one available.
You can contact me at: jhsim@swbell.net

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#14824 Thu Feb 21 2002 04:51 PM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
There should be a junction box somewhere in line where all three sockets would feed. Run your lines from the sockets to the junction and put all the white wires together and all the blacks together, secured with wire nuts and electrical tape.

#14825 Fri Feb 22 2002 06:56 AM
S
S
I use a standard electrical cords that you can buy in bulk at any hardware store. I make sure I get at least 16 guage wire to handle the electrical load of all three bulbs burning at the same time.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved