Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#143407 Sat Jun 20 2009 09:11 AM
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T
smile Another great show!!! smile
Vendor + traffic turnout was DOWN about 40-50%!!!
BUT I still had a fantastic show!!!
I sold 26 signs! Serious buyers seriously bought! haha
Lots of nice signs showed up and SOLD!
I got some pictures BUT not alot so feel free to add yours'.
Enjoy...

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T

[IMG]

T
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
T

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Tom

Thanks for posting the pictures!!! Who had the Hood Ice
Cream sign and the Oak Motor Oil? Any contact info?

John

Last edited by junknjohn; Sat Jun 20 2009 10:05 AM.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Thanks for posting pics, Tom...I was there without my camera.

A lot of great pieces there, Columbus is known for the serious collectors and they bring super items. There was also levels of every quality, something for everyone. It was a little wet early Friday and the sun broke through for a nice day with a cool breeze, a great time.

Mick

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Tom, Thanks for the photo's of the show, This was the first time I missed in 10 years.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I love the fact I can see some of the prices and it also makes me ill to see them too! Fantastic pics.

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
First off, Wendall Sagendorf had the Hood and Oak signs wshud@aol.com and (815) 341-0740. I just got back from Ohio. WOW. Left here Thursday morning and met up with Randy Williams from San Diego in Denver and we FINALLY arrived at the hotel about 4:30. Everyone was closed up but we were looking forward to the room to room and the inside sales room was still open. Randy made a good buy on a nice Richfield sign and a mint US tire sign. Room to room was slow without the large crowds in the halls but people were carrying things and Tom (tomzcollectiblez) was his usual happy and smiling self and said he was doing very well with sales. We woke Friday mornign to lightening, thunder and rain and no one opened up until about 9:30 so we had a chance to visit in the small restarant. I had a great conversation with Ron Bettin and his wife and learned a lot about his entry into this hobby and really enjoyed an hour of talking. It's seldom that I take the time to just sit and talk as most of you know I'm always on the go. The sun finally came out and the vendors opened their doors outside and sales started. Most people I spoke with said they were doing "ok" but, as stated above, only about 50% of last years sellers and that was already down about 40% from the previous year. Hopefully things will pick up next year if and when the economy kicks back in. Now to the auction. There was a LARGE crowd and what surprised me is that, contrary to the other auctions I've gone to in the past couple of years, there seemed to be more on site sales then internet sales. Prices were down, quite a bit down, but things were selling and I did score a really nice Kendall rotating clock. Unless things get a lot worse, I will be back next year. Look forward to seeing you all in Iowa. Ray

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I agree with Ray, auction prices appeared to be quite low on several items.

?? for those who attended. With the attrition the last two years, How many actual attendees/sellers were there this year?

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for posting the photos so we can see what we missed out on. Jack

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW! LOTSA SIGNS! I WOULDA BEEN DESPERATE AND CONFUSED AS TO WHICH ONES I WANTED. THANKS FOR POSTING!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for posting the super pictures Tom!
Does anyone know who has/had that Gulf double chrome top pump? There is a long story behind it and I'd love to know who has it now and if it's for sale, how much.
Thanks!

Last edited by tokheim; Sun Jun 21 2009 06:42 AM.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
i agree, a great show, just wondering, i couldn't stay for the auction, is there any way to find out the prices the items sold for? i had a wedding i had to be at 6 that was forty miles away. on another note, how would one find the value of a milk glass mobiloil gargoyle globe? oval shape, but most of the paint was off of one and completely gone on the other.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You can go to proxibid and look up aumann auctions and see the results

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Tom:
Thanks for posting the pictures. Congrats on the sales. Couldn't make it but wish I had..Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved