Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Someone had gotten into a buyers ebay account to bid on my item and they never paid and left a negative for no reason, when I reported this ebay found out they were a fraud and had gone into another persons account to do this. They had a 0 feedback. They have since been removed from ebay. Similiar thing happened about a year ago where someone got into my account and was selling something I did not have for sale under my username. The way they do this is if you answer their emails from your email site and go into what looks like the ebay site and sign in they get your personal code and can sell on your name without you realizing it. NEVER answer them this way, go into your personal ebay account my message section to answeer them to avoid this

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I too have been a victim of this not once but twice. I answered emails from ebay that came in through my regular account. Ebay discovered it the first time, I discovered it the second time. I had to change my user names and passwords of at least three sites because of it.
Never answer anything that comes from Ebay on your regular email account, Ebay sends you messages inside of Ebay using "My Messages." Only answer them.
Also do not answer any surveys that seem to come from Ebay through your regular Emails, these are a fraud also.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How many times does ebay have to tell everyone to check YOUR MY EBAY to be sure that ebay sent the message to your email ?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved