Print Thread
#136408 Mon Mar 30 2009 04:57 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
We just got home and I will post some pictures later tonight. We left at 8am yesterday, Sunday, and drove 12 hours and got almost to Flagstaff and then 10 hours today. Very tired but it was worth it. We got up this morning to....a snow storm in Arizona deset??? Lasted about 1/2 hour as we drove towards Flagstaff and then all clear.
My take on the auction. Signs were strong and about 20% lower then normal in cost, pumps, cans and globes seemed weak but I don't know those items well so can't be sure. I purchased 12 signs and am very happy with the prices. Seth hopes to have another auction in 6 months. We will be there
Pictures later.
Ray

hotcidr #136411 Mon Mar 30 2009 05:56 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
A few pictures but too dark...sorry. We traveled over 3600 miles, saw snow in Colorado and again today in Arizona. The promised snow in Oklahoma that pobably kept some of you away from the auction, never came. GREAT time

032 [].JPG 033 [].JPG 034 [].JPG 035 [].JPG
hotcidr #136440 Mon Mar 30 2009 07:35 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Some good deals there smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
gasoildude #136455 Tue Mar 31 2009 12:08 AM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I attended Seth's auction for my first time and for those of you who have not had a chance to come to one of Seth's auctions you are missing out! I have been to a few auctions but this was by FAR the most well organized and planned to the "T" auction I have EVER been too. The display of auctions items was done well enough that even Jeff the COO of BidSpotter.com walked around before the auction in "AW" over the display and arrangement of the items. The auction helpers were almost flawless well except for Seth's Boy running across the room and sliding under the table were the globes were displayed. This put a scare into everyone that had seen it happen at least twice before Dad caught him!! I'm glad he did not tip the table over but I guess if he had of "JJ" would have been off the hook here on Oldgas from now on.......
I can not wait until Seth's next auction, instead of flying in I will drive as there were a lot of NICE items at a fair price to be had that would not fit on the plane. I can see that a trailer is monitory! Thanks Seth for the great auction and wonderful hospitality Job Well Done Don

Don Beaver #136458 Tue Mar 31 2009 04:52 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Brad (gasandoildude) is taking the crown for broken globes.

Aumann Auctions used to use Bidspotter and quit and i am not sure why but it seems like when i used it i didn't have any issues like i do now with Proxibid.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved