Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jarvis #136564 Tue Mar 31 2009 06:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Price anyone? Just wondering what they cost. Roadracer... your buying one what are they running? [/quote]

John, it's OLD RACER. Not Roadracer. Those guys don't go fast enough. wink

Hey that's a whole new discussion. Road race fans on one side and Drag race fans on the other.

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Old Racer #136567 Tue Mar 31 2009 06:28 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Old Racer

Price anyone? Just wondering what they cost. Roadracer... your buying one what are they running?

John, it's OLD RACER. Not Roadracer. Those guys don't go fast enough. wink

Hey that's a whole new discussion. Road race fans on one side and Drag race fans on the other.

[/quote]
Don't forget about circle track racers!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Lastgas15 #136568 Tue Mar 31 2009 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Oops! See how that happens?? That's how wars start.
Sorry I forgot to mention NASCAR, dirt track and ........ confused

Come on guys lighten up.

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Old Racer #136569 Tue Mar 31 2009 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
QUESTIONS....IF THESE ARE FOR SALE IN THE "FOR SALE" SECTION....

A....HOW COME NO PRICE WAS POSTED?

B....HOW COME DWAINE BUCK DIDN'T POST THE AD?

C...WHY WASN'T THIS POSTED IN SHOWCASE? SEEMS MORE LIKE A SHOWOFF THING
THAN A FOR SALE THING.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Doc

It was posted in show case but was moved. Buck did not post the ad because he was banned from here years ago. No price because it was not offered for sale it was in show case.

ward

roadrelics #136575 Tue Mar 31 2009 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hobby (noun)
an activity engaged in for pleasure and relaxation during spare time

I'm going back out to the shop.
Too serious in this room.

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
roadrelics #136582 Tue Mar 31 2009 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"I see no reason why they can’t be dated. Did anyone ask Buck? Did he say no? I don’t think he would have a problem with it. But I am not Buck"

Give me a break!!!!

Unless you have something to hide, or have a total lack of integrity, DATE ALL REPROS!

That ought to get 'em going!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
st.rod #136584 Tue Mar 31 2009 07:30 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just an opinion on repops driving down the value/price of RARE original pieces. It's not going to happen. The guys with the most money and the largest egos are always going to be willing to pay more to be able to say (and to know) they have the real item (and to brag about what they paid for it) while the unwashed masses can only have the "cheap fakes".

Has the existance of nine million fake Cobras made a real one even remotely affordable?

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
st.rod #136585 Tue Mar 31 2009 07:33 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry i got all confussed with old racer and road racer... my fault. Roadrelics... i see were i got confussed. LOL

This post has gotten to be pretty funny really.

I think everyone has gotten there point across and it's time to let it die.

They look nice and if anyone needs to buy one e-mail Matt and he can get you Dwaine's e-mail since he knows Dwaine.

Last edited by Jarvis; Wed Apr 01 2009 04:54 AM.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
roadrelics #136586 Tue Mar 31 2009 07:37 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Ok before this goes any farther let me please state this. I respect EVERYONE'S opinion here that is what makes this hobby fun or a little heated at times. But anyway the one I posted was purchased at the auction for the petro museum in Bloomington IL. Below is the original factory tag that is on the body. Now as for the repo ones that Dwayne is making people are just asking them to be marked in some way for people in the FUTURE to know that they are a reproduction idem. It could be marked on the inside of the body somehow that way it dont take away from the piece. We do not need to bash each other about this it solves nothing & keep things going. Everyone here can see the ripple effect that unmarked signs,globes & cans have done to the hobby. Look at Ebay that is the perfect example of repops being pushed as originals. So if there are any questions about the idem or idems being made ask the person making them & not by bashing each other about it. That solves nothing! So lets all just get along please smile

Just My Two Cents Worth.
Thanks Brad

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Dave Richey #136590 Tue Mar 31 2009 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"Just an opinion on repops driving down the value/price of RARE original pieces. It's not going to happen. The guys with the most money and the largest egos are always going to be willing to pay more to be able to say (and to know) they have the real item (and to brag about what they paid for it) while the unwashed masses can only have the "cheap fakes".
Has the existance of nine million fake Cobras made a real one even remotely affordable?"

Hey J.J. not everyone has given their opinion yet! Dave, I dont know how to get those quotes in that little box but Im guessing you didn't have a collection of backlit ad clocks previous to about 1994. I did. Now I'm not saying I had anything "rare" but i still took a hard hit when those repro faces flooded the scene. In my opinion any copy or knockoff should be marked as such. I'm by no stretch of the imagination a "guy with the most money". But I like original items and have on more than one occasion been extremely bummed when i discovered I got shafted with a phony sold with the intention to deceive or the fact it was "newer" being omitted. Any collector that stands up for unmarked repops is standing on shaky grounds as far as I can see.

Last edited by JimT; Tue Mar 31 2009 08:19 PM.
ward zaharia #136624 Wed Apr 01 2009 05:28 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: ward zaharia
Doc

It was posted in show case but was moved. Buck did not post the ad because he was banned from here years ago. No price because it was not offered for sale it was in show case.

ward

THANKS FOR CLEARING THAT UP. I WAS NOT AWARE ON BOTH CASES.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
well its good to be home!! wink

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
oldnfuelish #136723 Wed Apr 01 2009 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WOW sick

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

JimT #136727 Wed Apr 01 2009 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: JimT
"Just an opinion on repops driving down the value/price of RARE original pieces. It's not going to happen. The guys with the most money and the largest egos are always going to be willing to pay more to be able to say (and to know) they have the real item (and to brag about what they paid for it) while the unwashed masses can only have the "cheap fakes".
Has the existance of nine million fake Cobras made a real one even remotely affordable?"

Hey J.J. not everyone has given their opinion yet! Dave, I dont know how to get those quotes in that little box but Im guessing you didn't have a collection of backlit ad clocks previous to about 1994. I did. Now I'm not saying I had anything "rare" but i still took a hard hit when those repro faces flooded the scene. In my opinion any copy or knockoff should be marked as such. I'm by no stretch of the imagination a "guy with the most money". But I like original items and have on more than one occasion been extremely bummed when i discovered I got shafted with a phony sold with the intention to deceive or the fact it was "newer" being omitted. Any collector that stands up for unmarked repops is standing on shaky grounds as far as I can see.

If you'll notice the word RARE was in all caps. If you'll re-read I only addressed the issue of repops driving down the value of RARE items. The context of the position I was replying to (if I'm not mistaken) did not differentiate marked or unmarked, so that arguement is not on the table in my reply. If you are inferring that my stated arguement supports unmarked repops , then you might want to re-reread, I stated nothing on that subject one way or another.

Collecting the Mississippi companies:
Billups, Southland, Rose Oil,Crystal Oil, Barq's
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved