Next Thread
Print Thread
#135209 Thu Mar 19 2009 07:13 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
I been to Carlisle and Hershey but never to a true Petroliana show. I would like to know which Petroliana shows are the biggest in the way of vendors, I do not mind traveling I just want to see and experience the best shows in the way of gas station and advertising items.
Some of you who have been to a lot of different shows please voice your opinion.
Thank you
Bob

Last edited by blbeck; Thu Mar 19 2009 07:16 PM. Reason: letter spacing
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I LIKE AND HAVE BEEN TO PRETTY STEADILY THE METRO-PETRO(NJ) AND NORTHEAST(CT) GAS BASHES THIS WHOLE DECADE. THEY ARE GREAT SHOWS WITH PLENTY TO CHOOSE FROM. I'VE ONLY BEEN TO MASON-DIXON (MD) TWICE AND NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL. I USED TO GET SOME PRETTY NICE STUFF AT ATLANTIQUE CITY SHOW AS WELL, BUT IT'S NOT A PETRO RELATED SHOW.

NEVER BEEN TO OIL CITY (PA) SHOW, SO CAN'T SAY.

I USUALLY DO CARLISLE IN THE FALL AND ALTERNATE IT WITH HERSHEY EACH YEAR.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
P
P
Iowa Gas in Des Moines, the "Check the Oil" show in Columbus, Ohio, and Roy Reed's Gas Bash in Fontana, CA are considered by most collectors as 3 of the top events.......but there are quite a few other shows that attract lots of vendors with quality items for sale. Based on size alone, Iowa Gas and Columbus are ususally the two biggest ones.

Richard

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Haven't been to Des Moines or Columbus now in 3-4 years, but they were always the bigger ones that I had been to.

Now, let me offer up two that I love for different reasons. First, Columbia, MO in January is always a blast because it's fairly compact in the one building but there's always a bunch of stuff and it is really a feeding-frenzy the way they bring their vendors in a group at a time. Second, Chip's in Sevierville, TN just because of the laid-back nature and the fact that the setting is so beautiful.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Iowa is number 1....I have heard Chips Dixie in the fall is a good one...I havn't been but will go this year.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like Columbus a little more than Iowa Gas. If you're wanting to go to big shows those two should be on your list.

Peotone has two good shows a year. If you're looking for pumps the fall show would be better. Dan Matthews has a petroliana auction the Friday before the Peotone shows.

Chip's Dixie Gas is my favorite show for the reasons Seth noted.

I've never been to Columbia or Evansville shows but hear good things about both.

The big shows are great but you should go to the regional shows too. Lots of good things show up at these shows.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Iowa Gas has a great show.

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Iowa Gas has a great show with good communication through out the year. Ohio Gas has a very good show but you are guessing right up until show date, a lack of communication. As someone else mentioned, if you have time to get to the regional shows do so. You can find good stuff at the most unexpected places. Good luck in the hunt.

Mick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thought I'd chime in here, I plan on going to DIXIE GAS this April as a Vendor, I have always wanted to do Fall Dixie, But it falls on the same weekend as Mass Gas, which I am a promoter and need to be there for. Don't know what I am in for, But I know the Scenery and Hospitality will be worth the trip. It is one show I have always heard is a Must to attend at least once. Now, what to strip off my walls to bring along

THE DATE FOR MASS GAS HAS BEEN MOVED TO SATURDAY, SEPT. 12TH, WE HAVE HAD MANY SUGGESTIONS TO CHANGE IT FROM SUNDAY TO SATURDAY AND WILL TRY IT THIS YEAR

Last edited by KZ1000; Fri Mar 20 2009 02:57 PM.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
KZ,
Change your signature. ;-)

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Tara, if it(wrong date) was any closer it would have bit me

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
1. Iowa Gas
2. Columbus
3. Evansville (going to Rick and Bob's is worth the whole trip)

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Hi KZ. Glad to hear you are coming to Chips Dixie Gas spring show. Looking forward to meeting you. Stop in to meet Alice and I, we will be set up selling. You are in for a real good time. Expect a lot of great Southern hospitality. As far as what to bring....all of the Texaco items you have...just kidding. Just about everything and anything sells. Larry

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved