Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12978 Tue Apr 01 2008 04:09 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Sorry, this isn't petro but I'm hoping to get some help with this Canteen candy machine I received for my birthday. Any help with model #, year, what candy bars would have been dispensed, a picture for how it would have looked and with where to get decals for the restoration, etc. My grandfather had one in the showroom of his dealership. It is in the background of some pictures but not clear enough to get the details I need for the restoration. I guess I would've agreed with the photographer that the Buicks and Studebakers made a better focal point for the picture. Thanks in advance for the help...email me at andrew@innernet.net

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#12979 Tue Apr 01 2008 06:41 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
That is a Very cool birthday gift , I'll have to copy this and leave it laying around For when my Birthday comes around again , hey wait fathers day is coming yea thats the ticket , anyway soda-machines.com may have some info for you if not a link to what you need. I hope this helps

Chris Holt
#12980 Tue Apr 01 2008 10:54 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have restored a couple of cigarette machines similiar to this one. These candy/cigarette machines are being restored with pin stripeing, lettering etc. Most are real fanticy items. For a low cost restoration, just use wrinkle paint on them, they look good, at minimual expence.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#12981 Fri Apr 04 2008 04:25 AM
D
D
I had a neighbor that had a vending company. I remember well stopping by and seeing many of these being loaded into a truck for their last ride to the landfill. Also in the line waiting to GO were Juke boxes, cigarette machines, and those slidder type bowlers. I stopped to get the wood from one of the bowlers to make a work bench. Guess that is what makes the ones still around more valuable. BTW nice b-day gift.

------------------
Hunter71

Hunter71

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved