Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129078 Sat Jan 24 2009 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
probably one of the rarest corvette race cars just sold at the mecum auction in florida..it was a 1963 Zo6 yenko/gulf oil corvette,,,for a little over a million dollars..$50.00 over,,a private collector in rhode island bought it over the phone and he has been after it for yrs..man that is a lot of money!!!!!... i guess the recession doesn`t affect him..... i know a lot of people on this site probably don`t care about this auction but there are a few racers still around that do (bob richards and don reliegh_))) for a few.. txs alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow.

Rareity and the means to get it = $$$$$$

I saw this car, it is a cool car.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I know the man who purchased the car. He is a client and friend of mine. He has been trying to buy this car for several years now. It was priced for over 1.5 million or more. Dan

Last edited by Mattgas; Sat Jan 24 2009 07:25 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks Alan, I hadn't seen that...sweet ride. It is too bad, that it will most likely never see the track again. Back in the mid 80's, Bruce McCaw brought out this beautiful Ferrari TR-250 built in the late 50's. Don't remember the build year. We all knew that the car was worth some 'dough, but no one imagined that it was insured for over $1 million, until Road and Track and Trackside did write ups on Bruce. He vintage raced it for 3 or 4 years before putting it away in storage. If I'm not wrong, Ferrari purchased it and it is now in the Modena. It went out the right way, racing right up until "retirement".

Last edited by Bob Richards; Sun Jan 25 2009 05:40 AM.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Hey Bob the man who purchase the car my not race it by I know he will take it out on the track. He has several big fuel tanks or big brake vets and they all see the track once in awhile. Dan

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would say that car was well bought, I think there is alot of room for the Value to go up and Actually was bought for under the money of what it is really worth. Just My Opinion. cool

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved