Next Thread
Print Thread
#125972 Sun Jul 06 2008 03:57 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
I am having a Bennett 966 pump restored in Harley Davidson. I need a Bennett nozzle to go with it. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know. If you can, email a picture. Thanks, Larry

#125973 Mon Jul 07 2008 04:53 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
966 should have an automatic nozzle.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
#125974 Mon Jul 07 2008 05:32 AM
L
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
L
Thanks Joe for the reply. The Bennett Harley pump is my wife's project. She has this thing that she likes to have Wayne nozzles on Wayne pumps, Tokheim nozzles on Tokheim pumps and so on. She looked through her nozzle collection and found she did not have a Bennett for the Bennett pump and had asked me to post for one. What is an automatic nozzle? She may have one and not know it. We'd love to have you come over to the Dry Creek Gas Bash July 11 and 12. Your input on gas and oil related items would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again, Larry

#125975 Mon Jul 07 2008 01:07 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is from the Sinclair history book.
It looks like an OPW 1 in the pic, an OPW 1-A has a check valve in between body and spout, the one in the pic does not look like it has one. The one in the pic also has a 3/4" spout.....for LEADED GAS
I don't know when the 1-A was introduced, But Jack might.

An automatic nozzle is an Automatic shutoff... there is a small vacuum tube that goes from the underside end of the spout to the body. When the vacuum is interupted by gas backup, the diaphragm will release the lever and shut off the nozzle at the poppet.

I have bunches of 1-A nozzles but no #1s.
When I built nozzles in the early 80's the #1 OPW were obsolete, because they had NO check valve, and were not LEGAL for self serv., with a #1 you could drain the hose.

I would love to come and hang out but it has crept up on me and I am way to busy right now
Not enough time to prepare.

After looking again and a little jogging of the 'ol synapses, the OPW #1 could be fitted with a check valve on the inlet of the nozzle
This would still allow you to drain the nozzle.

[This message has been edited by jkyocom (edited 07-07-2008).]

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved