Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12439 Wed Nov 21 2001 01:51 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I'm in the process of restoring a Fry model 117 Mae West style 10 gallon visable pump. Contained in the box of parts that I have there is about 30 individual gallon indicators ( about 1" high and 3" wide) each has two tabs on the back that no doubt slid over a rod. Question, there is no evidence that these indicators could have been inside of the glass cylinder as there is no holes for support rods. Could it be that they were installed outside the cylinder perhaps on three of the dome support rods ?? Also the indicators are in excellent condition however they were glass beaded. Does any one know what the origanal finish was on these steel embossed numbered indicators. Lastly also in this box of parts is a cast pot metal float looking item approx. 2" x 4" with pivot arm that says "NOTICE" above a window that displays either, "to car" or "two storage" the float portion that rides up and down inside the pot metal part has a hook on the bottom. Does this part go to this pump ?? if so where ?? thanks for any help. E-mail @ hotflash488@yahoo.com

Dennis Moen
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#12440 Wed Nov 21 2001 02:52 PM
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Dennis, your indicators go on the rods, outside the cylinder. There were also tabs inside the door of the pump, on the pipe to the right of the brass pipe in the center. There was a regulator handle clamped around the brass pipe. This handle was used to raise the pipe to the desired gallon quantity and was secured at that point by rotating it into these tabs. The tabs were set of course at gallon increments.

On top of this brass pipe, inside the cylinder, was a cap with tabs for the float. When the pipe was raised, gas was pumped into the cylinder. When the gas reached the upper level, the overflow would return to the underground tank via the brass pipe. The float indicated when the gas was overflowing and when it had reached the maximum level of that purchase. These pumps had two of these floats.

I can email you pictures of the installed pieces if you will give me your address.

[This message has been edited by Morgan (edited 11-21-2001).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved