#123463 Thu May 19 2005 09:31 AM
K
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
K
WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND?
Wanted:
Someone that is knowledgable about signs and globes to host a feature in the Repro forum.
The proposed feature will be to educate collectors about reproductions that might be passed off as originals.
The feature will not be a place to debate the pros and cons of repro's.

Anyone thats interested should email me at
Lastgas15@aol.com
Thanks, Bob
Moderator of the Known Unmarked Reproductions forum

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will be Pops friend whether he needs one or not...LOL. I wish I had more knowledge on the subject to help out. You are funny Rowland...LOL

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My original post in Gen Petro:
Lastgas15
posted 05-17-2005 11:05 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted:
Someone that is knowledgable about signs and globes to host a feature in the Repro forum.
The proposed feature will be to educate collectors about reproductions that might be passed off as originals.
The feature will not be a place to debate the pros and cons of repro's.

Anyone thats interested should email me at
Lastgas15@aol.com
Thanks, Bob
Moderator of the Known Unmarked Reproductions forum

Here's the deal:
With all the unmarked repro's floating around, we need a regular feature educate ourselves.
What I have in mind is for the host of the feature to post a picture of a repro. If possible he would also post a picture of an original. Any differences between the two would be described. Dimensions would be given so we know what sizes of signs we need to look out for.
I know this is being done in PCM, but I think we need to get a handle on this problem here in our online community. I can picture guys printing this feature out for future reference.
The host of the feature would be responsible for starting each topic. This could be a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly feature.
The main problem is unmarked repro's, but I think we should include signs that have the repro mark so close to an edge that normal wear could remove the mark. Same goes for repro globes that are marked on the bottom. I know those marks have been removed and the lenses made to look like they have minor washing at the bottom.
This proposed feature is strictly for educational purposes. No bashing of the repro guys or their products.
The prospective host should have knowledge of globes and signs, know where to find info on the unmarked repro's, and know how to post pictures (or be willing to learn how). I can think of several guys that would do a great job, but so far they haven't come forward.
Rowland (Rex) would be a good candidate for the job. What do you guys think?

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rex gets my vote.
db

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
If Rex does it he will have to stop writing in code!LOL!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved