Next Thread
Print Thread
#115850 Thu Oct 16 2003 08:10 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
I'm new to this site so I hope I'm not being redundant on this. I purchased a Wayne 60 off EBAY and the seller educated me on a company called Forward Air. They are basically an air freight service with good rates if you're in no real big hurry. The total weight was 300 lb., left Colorado and went to Raleigh NC in 3 days for approx $140.00. I thought that was very reasonable!! It arrived in good shape too.

#115851 Thu Oct 16 2003 08:54 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Forward air is quite reasonable, works well if you are near a large city. For us up here it(nearest) is Seattle I believe and that is a 7 hr drive. Once an item is in a crate shipping is a lot easier , i think Forward air only needs it fastened to a pallet. Crated goods go reasonable I sent a 2x3x5ft crate 500 lbs to Europe for 300 US..real bargain in my books......dodogas

#115852 Sat Oct 25 2003 09:05 AM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Hey guys, I've used Forward Air too. Sent a slider(chest-type) soda machine to UT a few yrs ago---cheap.....BUT, they made me ENCLOSE it on the pallet. Real p.i.t.a. after driving 50mi to drop it, only to have to go home and build sides/top for the crate(!) ALSO, they would NOT accept any form of payment for shipping EXCEPT a money order(they sent me to a nearby 7-11)
You've been warned.........

#115853 Thu Nov 06 2003 10:37 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
When I sent the pump to Raleigh they did not ask me to create it. All they wanted was it strapped to a pallet and some cardboard shrink rapped to it. The pump was UNRESTORED! They even had the shrink wrap at the forward air terminal for me to use. They were really cool!. I am much more willing to by and sell pumps on ebay now that I had such a great experience with these guys.

BTW the pump was shipped on Saturday from Denver and arrived on Thursday in Raleigh...

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved