Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#115658 Tue Oct 08 2002 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I found a great company to use for shipping gas pumps. They are called "Forward Air Inc". The serve many of the larger airports, and even though it looks like they fly the cargo, most of it is by truck. You can check their website at www.forwardair.com to check their locations near you. You will have to build a crate to put the pump in, and you will have to deliver it to their terminal. On the other end, the second party will have to pick it up at their terminal, they don't deliver to your door. The prices are great. I had a 400lbs, cast iron Wayne 800 delivered to Los Angeles from Virginia for about $200. Check it out, if they are close to you, I think you'll like them.

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
#115659 Mon Nov 04 2002 11:20 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
A pointer when crating for shipment by air freight:

You are charged by the bottom dimension of the pallet so make the "pallet" as small as possible and still have lifting stability. When you bolt a pump to a full size pallet, you are paying for that size crate all the way up to the height of the pump. Keep em small and save some money on shipping.

European Union Countries (Switzerland excepted) will not accept coniferous (sawn tree lumber)wood used in crating or pallet.
Use only heat or pressure treated plywood or chipboard including the pallet.

If standing height exceeds 6ft, pump will not go through lower deck hatch of plane. Upper deck crates are significantly higher. Crate pump to lay horizontal and save $$$$

larry ivy

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved