Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
I have an ebay store, where I sell many of the items in my catalog, mainly globes/decals/signs. Anyway, a lady in Texas purchased a conoco globe thru my ebay store. She completed the self-checkout all on here own and indicated that payment was on it's way. Obviously, when you do self-checkout, you get a pre-generated invoice with your total and where/how to send payment. Anyway, I saw that she had marked payment sent on 1/23, so I just figured like always, it would show up in the mail or thru paypal. So a couple days ago, I log into my account and see I have a new negative feedback, left by this lady. She indicated that she hadn't received the globe nor had she been contacted. Anyway, I finally got here phone # thru whitepages.com and asked her what her deal was. She said she wanted to pay with credit card and was ticked that no one had called her for her cc#. It clearly states on my ebay pages that you can pay via cc# by calling my toll-free number, which is then listed. Anyway, I went to leave her negative for not paying and not following instructions and guess what?? CAN'T LEAVE A NEGATIVE ON A BUYER FOR ANY REASON. I filed a complaint thru ebay which of course they said they can't remove feedback unless I got a court order requiring them to. The guy then says, most people will read your reply to the feedback and understand that she was in the wrong.

I was shocked, a multi-billion dollar corp, tells a customer that spend over a grand a month in fees & commissions, every month for years that MOST PEOPLE WILL UNDERSTAND AND WILL WILL PROBABLY STILL PURCHASE FROM YOU?!?!?!?!?!??!

Needless to say, I'm glad my dad's a pastor, as I'm going to need lots of confession about the language I used on the ebay rep.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Seth: I know you are getting ready for your auction, etc. But, when you have a minute, go in and look at the changes they are making to feedback. Sellers will only be able to leave positive feedback after the 20th. Yes, you read that right. Oly positive. If you hit the discussion boards you will see people are livid and several have closed up t heir stores. Ebay said they were reducing fees, (they did) but raised them onthe back end on the final value fees.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
The 20th is BS!! I tried to leave this lady a negative and it would only let leave a neutral or positive. I kept trying to make it negative, but it would just keep reloading the page.

Online Content
Boy that really sucks. I think I am going to take a break from selling on ebay untill they can learn to leave a working system alone.

Ryan

------------------
visit my website for original gas pump parts

thepumpdump.com

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
ebay screwed up everything they need to go back an leave it alone

Sarcasm Is Just One More Free Service I Offer !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HOW IS LEAVING ONLY NEUTRAL OR POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR A NEGATIVE TRANSACTION ANY GOOD? BIDDERS AND SELLERS ALIKE HAVE TO HAVE AN HONEST RATING DON'T YOU THINK?

GLAD I'M NOT ANY PART OF IT YET!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
That's just it Doc....as a seller you can be left a negative feedback FOR ANY REASON. My stated policy, is that I ship items the next business day after payment is received. I had a guy send me a payment that I received on a Friday. I sent his decal on Monday (the next biz day) and he received it on Wednesday. The whole transaction from his purchase to his receipt took 7 days and he leaves a negative stating that I took 3 days to ship instead of my promised 1. Again, I turned it in to ebay, and again, they just blew me off.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I feel your pain Seth.

With this new system how is a seller to know if a buyer is BAD? I thought that is what the feedback system was for? I have a LOT of people I personally want to burn on ebay and now as a buyer I have a way to do it!!! I can now buy from these people that have burned me in the past and leave them a – feedback just for spite and they can’t do a darn thing about it!!! Heck, I can buy 10-20 things from their auctions in one week and really burn them! HA HA!!! Do see an opening for abuse with ebay’s new system now?

About 6 years ago I was making 13 grand a year on ebay selling only condoms. It seemed every 10th person that would buy tried to leave a – feedback to try to get me to send them more product for FREE. I was only able to counter their stunts by sending a - back to them and offering to jointly remove both theirs and mine. It leveled the field and stopped the thieves.

I learned early on ebay to NEVER leave feedback until they leave feedback for you. It seems someone always wants to burn you, and once you left yours you were… (well you just dropped the soap!!!)

My wife had the same problem with some people that would leave a – just because they wanted more product or were not happy with the sale because they had buyers remorse or something like that.

Seth your right, people just look at the number of –‘s and decide that if you have just 1 you are BAD… No matter how many +++++’s you have!!!

Ebay has opened up the door for the gun sites to start selling at www.auctionarms.com and www.gunbroker.com and now it looks like they are going to shoot themselves in the foot again. They are getting so BIG they have forgotten that it only takes competition to put them in check!!!

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Oh yea, on your opening post you said:

" MOST PEOPLE WILL UNDERSTAND AND WILL PROBABLY STILL PURCHASE FROM YOU"

Key words (MOST) & (PROBABLY) Not all people, just MOST and MOST will PROBABLY PURCHASE!!! Yea, thats bad business..... They don't care because if your items don't sell they still get paid.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How’s this for scary… There is this one vender that has really ticked me off and there is no need to mention who it is because most of you know who they are… (NOT SETH) With eBay’s new feedback policy I can really slap them into the wall and the best thing is they can’t do anything about it but leave me a + feedback or cry. Here’s how.

When I am ready for my next major parts purchase here’s what I will do in 1 week.

I will personally buy 10 items from them on my account.

THEN USING MY FAMILY:
I will buy 15 items from them on my wife’s account.
I will buy 8 items from them on my father-in laws account.
I will buy 13 items from them on my mothers account.
I will buy 4 items from them on my sisters account.
I will buy 12 items from them on my brother-in laws account.
I will buy 2 items from them on my brother-in laws girlfriends account.

THEN USING 4-16 OF MY LOCAL FRIENDS (depending on how many more items I will need):
I will buy at least 2-5 items on each of their accounts.

I will pay for it all and have it shipped to their places using their paypal accounts. Then when I get all of the items I need for this restoration from that one vender in the mail, I will have everyone leave that freaking vender total NEGITIVES all the way down with various reasons! The best part, all they can do is cry and leave us POSITIVES!!!

HA HA HA, this will be GREAT!

Revenge is SWEET!

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't know you Travis, but did you get dropped on your head when you were a baby

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
this does really stink.i have only just become a seller and now i will be more nervous.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
KZ1000

Just trying to make a point and it has been made clear as day. This new system of ebay's is going to be VERY abused.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow. I was reading through these "policies"

I can't figure out the reasoning behind that "only the buyer can leave negative feedback"

??????????????????????????????????????????

I would have choice names as well. Trying to deal or reason with ebay is a waste of time from my past experience.

Whomever came up with that gem should be fired.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Anyone that wants to leave negative feedback had better use a different buyers name than what they sell under. Who wants to buy from a seller that leaves only negatives when they are a buyer ?
There will always be a few that will & do abuse the system, just because they can [same with taxes]. No system is perfect & ebay just got worse, not better for both sellers & buyers.
With the recession, now was not a good time for change & it will show with less items listed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved