Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought many of you would like to see the results of research on the best day and time for your eBay auction to end. This a link to an article about that. Are your experiences similar?

Auctionbytes.com

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

[This message has been edited by Oldgas (edited 02-23-2004).]

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Well oldgas, I'm not too sure as what to think about that. For me, I find if I'm going to skip a day on e-bay it is Sunday! I find that with the some 15-20 extra pages to wade through on Sundays , I get bored with it and start looking for something else to do. After a while I get tired of wading through ads, enron, "vintage", "rare". "one- of -a- kind" etc. so I log off and head for the garage. Also, I don't like to start listing on Saturdays [ for Sun. ending]. Seems I have better things to do that day too.

------------------
ROD [Mich.]

ROD [Mich.]
I have had the best day to end my own auctions on Sunday by all means. Living in CA. ending them here about 3 p.m. seems to get the best results. When do I like to ebay surf. Early or late weekdays, It's quicker. I pick on Mon. check again Wed. and finalize on Friday. My 2 cents. Ted

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
How about that Blond Ted, when does she like you to SURF???? ha ha ha . me too.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We've found Sunday evenings are the best ending times. Somehow I manage to list alot of my stuff at terrible times like 2:00AM.

I think over time most ebay users will use snipeware to place their bids so it won't matter when your auctions end.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with ending them on Sunday. If I have a chance to end mine on Sunday, I always do. It's even easier to do now that you can choose what day and what time to start your auction, and even arrange a 10 day auction if you must to have it end on Sunday.
I also NEVER sell during the summer. I start selling in December and quit when I run out of stuff, or about March what ever comes first. It's been my experience that during the summer, we are all out hunting the back roads, doing shows, hiting auctions etc. and the last place we want to be is on the computer.
During the winter, many of us can't get out of the house, there are no outdoor shows, and the auction season doesn't start until spring. so.... we spend more time on the computer, and thus more buyers.
Hey, I live by this. During the summer I can actually get a few 'deals". During the winter, there are too many guys "hunting" on the web. However, with the different sniping sites being used now, getting a deal is getting harder.
My two cents..........

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved