Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
2 items in the past two days I've had get sold with buy it now to our friends the Nigerian scam artists who signed up for ebay 5 minutes before buying my item.

"Hello and good greetings good sir, I kindly introduce myself as Dany Glan and with best regards wish you to ship my item with utmost expediency to my grandson studying the computer in Nigeria. Do not worry about shipping as I will provide FEDEX account and pickup. I will be purveying third party to pay for this item as they are owing me money and will be contacting you with a cashiers check and an extra $50 for you troubles" blah blah blah.

Can someone please shoot these people?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"You send AMERICAN CASH, I SEND ITEM."
DB

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I GOT AN EMAIL EARLIER SUPPOSEDLY FROM AMAZON.COM, WHO I DO BUSINESS WITH ON OCCASION. IT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT MY ACCOUNT BEING USED FRAUDULENTLY AND WOULD I SIGN IN TO "FIX" THE PROBLEM. WHEN I PASSED MY CURSOR OVER THE LINK, INTERNET EXPLORER GAVE ME THE HONEST LINK IN THE WINDOW FRAME BELOW AND IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH AMAZON. AS A MATTER OF FACT THE SUFFIX WAS .RU WHICH I BELIEVE IS A RUSSIAN WEBSITE. SO I JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT THERE IS SCUM ALL OVER THE EARTH AND THEY'LL ALWAYS BE THERE AS LONG AS THEY HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET!

~DOC

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I got a payment for a FAKE money order once for an ebay item, like always it was WAY over the amount and they said to stuff the rest of the cash back to them with the item.

I just took the money order to the office for the FBI here in topeka and told them what was going on with the mailing address and where it was from.

About 6 months later I got a letter from the chigaco FBI that they caught the jerk and took down a small ring of money order counterfiters. They were all in jail and the FBI was pushing the case with the Attorney Gen of Il...

Sometimes they catch them - not offten do they seem to care.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

Remember, you can choose to limit what countries you will ship to in an eBay auction. You can also choose to limit bidding to those countries that you will ship to. You can set a Buy it Now to close the auction only with an immediate payment through Paypal.

Sure, each of those choices will restrict the number of potential bidders and possibly the end value. But you should always consider the risks and avoid situations outside of your comfort zone.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am going to have to find out how to do those limitations on ebay... Glad to know you can do that!

Thanks Jim!

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved