Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZpatQ5ftowle

The above link is to my old fry Model 77 that was stolen from me by my father "the court says it is his now"... Anyway - it is now for sale by him on ebay... This is a nice pump - powder coated RED, but he is leaving some things out of the details = the lens are REPO 13 1/2's, the plastic cyl is cracked, and the light arms and conduit is home made, the hose is broken from when the pump got caught on his bumper and fell on the truck and then the ground = the hose broke off and is attached with a copper pipe inside the hose. The price sign is REPO and one side of the glass is cracked - or was from the fall, the pump is 1924 NOT 1919... The conduit sign is REPO. This pump is wired badly - or WAS when I last did it, that will need to be redone. The gold trim is spray paint that can be wiped off with laquor without hurting the red powder coat. The two ID tags are original to the pump. It has 1 or 2 bullet holes in it from my old UZI when I was shooting a coon in the yard and hit the pump base "clean holes 45 cal". The 2 gallon markers are repos.

A few guys from the local model t club bought my unrestored fry that is pictured from him today and gave it to me for free since they knew it was originally mine. They said the reserve on this one is is 1,400.00 - 1,800.00. They also said the pump is REAL moldy and the hose is SHOT, you can see the mold on the repo cloth hose.

IF one of you guys buy this pump I would like to buy my old globe back from you while you are in town pickin this up.

This would make a killer pump for some of you that like them, the powder coat is the was to go - but there is no filler / bondo on it so in areas there is some pits and the base has a 1 inch area for rust through that was powder coated over = no big deal.

Good luck!

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Forgot to say, the rods are the nice BRASS 1/4 inch rods that I bought from Ron I think that have the cap nuts on the top. They never got damaged from the fall, and just need to be polished. = the galon markers are just pinched on the 2 brass rods. These look KILLER when polished, and I never clear coated them.

The center pole does work - or did do up and down, and I had the center nickle pole sand blasted so the nickle is gone, and that pole could be polished to a nice brass shine. It only has one marker for the center "inner door" pipe, so when you open the door it only goes to 10.

IF you are in town to pick this up I can drive you to the old gas station in Lawrence Kansas where this pump came from.

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved